Just had to share: PC v Apple

TechnoPagan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
This was an actual email thread that went out today at work. I teach at a large public school. SASI is the software we use for grading and attendance. At this point, we're mostly a PC campus--those of us with Macs are either stuck machines using OS 8.6 or sneaking our own laptops to campus.

Hello colleagues,

Once again I invade your desktops uninvited with a piece of information I found very useful.

I wanted to print my seating charts from SASI and was very disappointed to find there is no option within the SASI program to do so.

I found a workaround that allowed me to do so using the features built in on my PC. Mac users will have to ask the cute kid who tells all the lies in the TV commercials how to do it. For PCs it's a cinch (really).

1) Have the seating chart screen up in SASI.

2) Press the Print Screen key in the top row of your keyboard.

3) Ue the Start button to open Programs/Accessories/Paint. This opens the free Paint program that comes with every PC.

4) Press Control-V which will paste the seating chart screen into the Paint program.

5) Print the page from the Paint program by using its Print button.
One of my colleagues responded with:

I just had to respond to your dig at Macs!!!! (I'm a Mac-person till I die.) It's even easier to do in a Mac. All you have to do is press "shift-command-3", and a "Picture1" file appears on your hard disk. You just print the "Picture1" file. HA!
Gotta love it!

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Gawd. Another case of PC users bashing Macs when they don't really know what they're talking about... :mad:

It's still funny though :eek:

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
"...ask the cute kid who tells all the lies in the TV commercials how to do it..."

Indeed. :rolleyes:

You could also point out that you can choose the area you want captured by using Shift-Cmd-4.

TechnoPagan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Actually, that was my response, emw:
Thanks, Kathy--I was just about to say the same thing [though in mine I got a little geeky and was going to do it with Shift-command-4 (to size the picture correctly)].

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Don't forget that it gets even easier... after pressing Shift-Command-4, press the spacebar to take a snapshot of an individual window. This is easier than aligning everything by eye. :)