Just Handed In My Term Paper Today:

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
I usually don't post things of this sort, but I just had to publicly celebrate the completion of my term paper. This is such a weight off my shoulders that I feel like I'm on vacation even though I am still taking classes.

:D :D :D

L

Lau

Oh, well done! That must feel great to have finally done it. How many words did you have to write?

I'm jealous, mine's due in next Friday. I'm on a design course, and this is really doing my head in. I can't wait to get back to just concentrating on design again. In one week I never have to write an essay again! :)

At least it's made me realise how much I love to design, and how much I really have enjoyed this course up until now, and no doubt will after Christmas.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
ugh i hate being out of school because of my illness i want to go back to school and do finals and term papers, i always enjoyed this time of the school year -_-.

My last term paper was on Steroids in Baseball. ^_^ got an A on it of course

Good Luck on the rest of your tests and anything else this semester

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Thanks, it was a statistics paper about fast food habits. I'm not sure about the number of words, but it worked out to about 30 pages (typed all on my PowerBook of course). Now I just feel bad for my prof...kinda ;)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Jay42 said:
Thanks, it was a statistics paper about fast food habits. I'm not sure about the number of words, but it worked out to about 30 pages (typed all on my PowerBook of course). Now I just feel bad for my prof...kinda ;)
uhoh you have got me interested and now you have to host your paper on a website so i can read it ^_^

please <_<

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Trust me, its really not that interesting. Unless you are into the CLT for a two proportion population and whether my sample met the technical criteria in order to calculate a p value, its not worth your time. And seeing as though I had no budget, the conclusions were not very valid. My professor will probably post an excerpt after they are graded.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Jay42 said:
Trust me, its really not that interesting. Unless you are into the CLT for a two proportion population and whether my sample met the technical criteria in order to calculate a p value, its not worth your time. And seeing as though I had no budget, the conclusions were not very valid. My professor will probably post an excerpt after they are graded.
You're right, better just keep it to yourself. :D

Seriously though, congrats! I know the feeling very well. I'm in my 8th year and the only thing I ever look forward to is that end-of-the-semester feeling. :eek: I really need to finish this up soon :rolleyes:

Apple

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
kainjow said:
Seriously. I struggle with 2-3 page essays! ;)
I wish I could still write two to three page essays. The length isn't that bad for me I just hate going back and making an annotated bibliography

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
runninmac said:
Wow im really not looking forward to college:eek:. That is insane! 30 PAGES!
It's not that bad really. Once you get there and you discover what you're really interested in, it can be much harder to write within the constraints of a 5 page paper than a 30 page paper.
:)

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
aquajet said:
It's not that bad really. Once you get there and you discover what you're really interested in, it can be much harder to write within the constraints of a 5 page paper than a 30 page paper.
:)
Even when I wrote my paper on an topic I really enjoyed, getting 6 pages was a chore. I dislike writing papers (and I chose the wrong major based on that). Luckily I only have one more semester then it's so long forever with paper writing.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Jay42 said:
Unless you are into the CLT for a two proportion population and whether my sample met the technical criteria in order to calculate a p value...
You might as well learn now that success will not come your way if you continue to opt for all the easy topics. :)

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I agree 30 pages isn't that long for a research paper, and I'm sure Jay had plenty of tables and charts since it is a statistics paper. The key is to have a really detailed outline. My outline for my research paper was about 3 pages long, double spaced. Most of the lines were only a few words, but there were a lot of scribbles on the page. That outline got me to about 25+ pages.

Just for kicks, I've attached my work.

Attachments

SurfinSHELL23

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2004
Aberdeen, NJ
Long papers aren't too difficult.

I'm doing independent research and will be producing a very lengthy paper on my research. It's all about bioremediation and microbes and hazardous contaminiants and stuff like that. :D

I do love my research though... it'll be good experience for when I go to college.

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
runninmac said:
Wow im really not looking forward to college:eek:. That is insane! 30 PAGES!
Try writing a 237 page design report:rolleyes: , now that was worth the pissup that followed

p.s Hope you do well

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
To hell with the p-value.

Did you fail to reject the null??

Oh my how i hated stats. Got a D in it, I was just glad I didnt have to retake that crap.

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
Heh, the one great thing about trimesters is that I finished my term paper for bio three and a half weeks ago. Unfortunately, that also means my senior thesis next term is going to be a lot more intense due to the shorter marking periods.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
Koodauw said:
To hell with the p-value.

Did you fail to reject the null??

Oh my how i hated stats. Got a D in it, I was just glad I didnt have to retake that crap.
you got a D in the class and you didn't have to retake it? interesting..

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Hey I handed in on monday a 50 page paper worth 100% of that class,
I like doing directed readings/research but the stress of one paper being worth you entire grade kinda kills the enjoyment...:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.