Just Heaved Myself Onto The BandWagon

Discussion in 'iMac' started by evs, Aug 13, 2007.

1. evs macrumors newbie

Just ordered my 24inch 2.4GhZ from a mac store here in melbourne, australia.

24 inch 2.4GhZ
    2Gb Ram
    500Gb HDD
    Wireless Mouse / Keyboard
    AppleCare

Probably could have just gone the 2.8GhZ (and got it quicker) but figured the few hundred bucks I saved could be put to good use somewhere else. Probably wouldn't have noticed the speed difference for what I intend to do with it anyway. Should be coming in about a week. My first mac. Me and the Mrs are stoked, can't wait!

2. CBAviator macrumors 6502

Congrats! I'm also playing the waiting game for my 24 incher. Should be shipping by the end of this week (I hope!).

3. Boulderer2001 macrumors member

I just jumped ship as well upgraded my old Dell to this beauty 20" imac. Works awesome and even better than I expected.

4. mashinhead macrumors 68020

A week?! Isn't the wireless keyboard option a 3-5 week wait? Or did you mean just a wireless mouse?

5. evs thread starter macrumors newbie

no i definitely asked for a wireless KB. i didn't order from apple store if that makes a difference.

maybe he misunderstood and has ordered me one of the old wireless kb's?

6. CBAviator macrumors 6502

Oh wow. Yeah you may want to check on that. Although I have no idea what the wait time is for Australia, here's it's a 4-6 week shipping wait.

7. mrbolano macrumors newbie

The guys at the Apple store near Wynyard in Sydney told me 4-5 weeks for the wireless keyboard just yesterday.

Don't know what that does to your order dude. You should find out.

8. evs thread starter macrumors newbie

after checking out the apple site and realising the wireless keyboard has no number pad, i rang up and changed the order to the standard wired keyboard anyway. the usb ports should be useful to. i can deal with one wire.

thanks for pointing that out guys.

9. Stelaras macrumors newbie

Newbie to Macrumours and Newbie to owning a Mac

Hi All,

Im new here so i hope i don't say anything wrong in this post. Also, im new to owning (almost owning) a Mac. After many years of threatening i decided to buy a new iMac. Just ordered my 24inch 2.8GhZ from a mac store here in melbourne, australia.

24 inch 2.8GhZ
    2Gb Ram
    500Gb HDD
    Mouse / Keyboard
    AppleCare
    Office for Mac
    Printer...

Has anyone received a 500G 2.8 Mac yet. I have had mine on order for almost 2 weeks and the computer company i bought it from said it would be another 2 weeks!

Ide love to hear from anyone that has a 500G 2.8GHz number in Australia

cheers

10. shk718 macrumors 65816

i just switched to the mac from vista. i got the 20" 2.4 (now i'm thinking i should have gotten the 24" - but in the store it looked big). they also gave me a free (w/ rebate) printer/copyer/scanner. i didn't know apple had such bundles. its amaizing how with only a gig of memory this thing is speedy and doesn't lock up. windows could never do that.