Just how thin is iPhone 4? Wow...check this out.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macduke, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

How many people here have used an iPod Touch? BAM. +0.8mm.

So I was looking for a tangible comparison to wrap my head around how incredibly thin iPhone 4 really is, when I decided to look up the dimensions on Apple.com.

iPod Touch: 8.5mm

iPhone 4: 9.3mm

Only 0.8mm thicker. Still thin as crackers. Hopefully not as breakable, but that crazy aluminum glass or whatever that is 30 times stronger than plastic has me intrigued. I think I'm going to keep my iPhone 4 naked, just like my iPhone 1! iPhone 2 and 3 were clothed.

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I like naked

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Engadget has hands-on photos next to a 3GS that should help too

Edit: Dang beat me too it

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Can't wait for all the youtube durability tests. :D

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

It looks great. I still think the first iPhone was the best looking then the iPhone4 and then the 3gs. I do like how thin it is but mine will be in a case anyway unless the durability test is phenomenal.

7. rtabdo macrumors 6502

You know. After years of owning Apple products, I feel pictures never do their devices justice. I remember looking at iPad and not thinking too much of it. I even remember people complaining about the bezel. Once I got it, I was wowed and I think it's an incredibly beautiful device.

With that being said, the pictures look great, and I'm sure it'll be even sexier in person.

8. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I wanna see if it blends *grin*.

9. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

right on! bring on that grinder, grrr!

10. macduke thread starter macrumors G3

macduke

The way I figure is this: with a case the screen really won't be protected much. The back won't get scratched. I've never had an iPhone screen scratch, and this one is way better! So if the back breaks, it seems like it would be a pretty easy and cheap fix to swap it out the way that everything is attached to that magical antennae frame thing. I love me some seams now! How thin it is makes me want to stay away from cases. I bet this thing is almost half as thick as my iPhone in it's Incase Slider. Plus I've gotten way better at holding iPhones. I dropped my naked iPhone 1 a few times (though it was slippery compared to the newer models), but never dropped any other model.