Just in case this is helpful to those who pre-ordered the 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andross77, Oct 11, 2011.

1. andross77 macrumors regular

made an account so I could post this and upgrade/downgrade other posts haha :) I'll try to say this as efficiently as possible.

Ordered my 64GB black 4S from VERIZON's website on Friday at about 9am CST (about 7 hours after preorders started). I was able to swap my wife's upgrade eligibility to my line and preorder the phone for $399 + tax.

I got a confirmation email maybe 5 minutes later saying the whole ship by 10/14 date.

All weekend as I checked my order status from the link in the email mine kept saying processing. My Brother-in-law who is on ATT and ordered another 2 hours AFTER me had his change to "Preparing for Shipping" with the icon by Sunday morning.

After reading many, many threads yesterday I decided to cancel my pre-order in case I had in fact missed the first batch and take my chances in store (lots of people say you will wait in line 10 hours/days/years; others say they have walked in on release day and walked out with a phone 15 min later no problem). So I cancelled it through a Verizon CSR at around 3pm Monday (yesterday).

So my wife gets a text saying the pre-order was cancelled (since it was her line that was upgrade eligible i guess) but I get no confirmation email which the CSR said i would. I check the link through my original pre-order email again today and it has gone past processing and says my order number and then has the word "tracking" and a plus sign that i can click and expand. It says my status is "Your pre-order will deliver by 10/14/11"

Lastly, I call VZW again and ask them what's up and she comes back after a while and says even though my CS ticket says "Resolved" b/c the CSR tried to cancel it, it is already locked in to the Fedex process and will be for sure delivered on the 14th! My card will be charged once it's shipped and i can refuse delivery/return it to a store/or just activate it. I will do the 3rd option :)

TLDR:

1) I ordered a 4S off VZW's website 7 hours after it opened up
    2) I cancelled the pre-order through VZW CS Monday afternoon
    3) I found out today VZW is unable to cancel the pre-order and the phone will be arriving on Friday

This is just to encourage those that are frustrated/cursing the day they were born because their status' aren't updating. It appears the websites are really slow and probably if you ordered any time on Friday you will be getting the iPhone 4S this Friday.

Can't wait!!!

2. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i hope your kids didnt have any events this weekend that needed dads attention... smh just relax dude you will get your phone. i said it once i will say it again i wish the cs would magically cancel all orders of people who call and bother them daily

3. andross77 thread starter macrumors regular

no need to down vote me because i'm trying to be helpful. if you are just a cranky person, why would you come in to a thread like this? You are obviously chill enough to not care when the phones arrive so don't waste your and others time by coming in here and commenting. smh....

4. hushmartin macrumors 6502

I didn't order from Verizon, but nevertheless this is somewhat comforting. :)

5. RXREKTD macrumors newbie

I ordered from VZW and was wondering the same thing. So thanks for the post. But I'm curious, is it really gonna arrive this Friday? Or is it going to be shipped on Friday to arrive at a later date? I've heard both. So I don't know.

6. andross77 thread starter macrumors regular

I think it really depends on what your confirmation email said. If your email said 10/14/11 then that is when you will RECEIVE it. If you didn't get a confirmation email saying 10/14/11 (meaning you ordered late Friday night or after), don't expect it in 2 days.