Just installed BestSkinsEver Skin on my 2012 13" MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ducatiti, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

After few weeks debating myself of either Speck, Incipio, Invisibleshield, etc, I finally went with Best Skins Ever with no regrets.

The installation took me around an hour. Best advice I can give is have a blow dryer on hand especially for the sides when they tend to move around a lot while wet. I also had a dehumidifier beside me to minimize the dust. Also, I put tape on all the ports or openings such as thunderbolt, usb, power, etc. Then, I opened the lid and rested paper towels along all the edges and closed the lid. This way it will catch all the soapy water.

I installed all the pieces to include the one on the palm rest and trackpad. To my surprise, it has no effect on the sensitivity on the trackpad.

All in all, this purchase is all worth it. Very good quality at a reasonable price, not to mention their great customer service. I'm happy that I didn't go the hard case route. Here are some pictures (Sorry just iPhone pics):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. boba7523 macrumors regular

How's the feel of the protection film on the top and bottom of the MBA when you grab it? Is it a lot different than holding a MBA with no film? Debating whether i should get one because i like the feel of the MBA as is and feel that putting the protective film on might ruin that for me...

Btw, what made you choose this brand over its competitors? Looks great!

Edit: Does it have cutouts for the apple logo in the back or does it cover it?

3. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

Like I have mentioned, I have installed the skin on the trackpad as well. I actually like the feel of it that I am leaving it on. It sort feels like warm glass, not sticky but rather smooth. I like it so much that while I am browsing the net, I am actually feeling the palm rest skin, by stroking my fingertips on it lol.

Another thing I noticed is that my trackpad was a fingerprint magnet, now I don't see any.

4. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Looks like you did a great job. I'm not loving the shiny finish, though...

5. buddybd macrumors 6502

I had invisible shield installed on mine, and eventually it got so dirty that I just removed the cover on the lid and inside.

The trackpad and bottom protector are still on as they are most prone to get scratched from normal use.

6. ike08 macrumors newbie

Sexy :D. I am getting my air delivered next week. My first Mac :).

May I ask, do I really need to put a shield on mine? I never knew that you could...

7. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I didn't want to add any bulk to my Air and still protect it from dings and scratches. So if you want to keep your MBA sleek, go for it.

8. boba7523 macrumors regular

Do you have a screen protector on or do you plan on getting one in the future?

9. ike08 macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will look around for one after I get my Air.