Just installed Boot Camp for the first time

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Mrbill317, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Mrbill317 macrumors regular

Well I know the true mac users will hate me. I decided to install Boot Camp on my new mac pro. OMG its just insane how much faster MS Vista Ultimate Runs compared to my AMD FX-60 System.

My Vista score was a 5.8 and thats with only 2gb of ram being detected out of 6 installed.

I have the ATI x1900 card and it just smokes rings around my X800 Pro in my PC with like Stalker and Resident Evil 4
    I cant wait to try Bioshock once I pick it up.

I was a bit frustrated that it wouldnt install the first time on my 2nd Hard Drive. I had to squeeze it onto my Primary Hard Drive. I gave it 80gb for now.

Do you know if I add a 500gb NTFS formatted drive would it be picked up?

Dont worry Apple Fans , I have a brand new macbook that does not have XP or Vista on it ;)

Does anyone know how to get Vista to pick up more then 2GB of Ram?
    I dont expect 6 but at least 4 I was hoping.

Thx

2. Mrbill317 thread starter macrumors regular

Another question

Guys what is the best keyboard mouse combo that works well between Bootcamp (Vista and 10.4)

Right now I have a Razor Copperhead that works awesome in both.
    My PC keyboard is the Logitech G15 gaming keyboard but it crashes or stops OSX from booting.
    Any ideas?

3. Toknee macrumors member

5.8 on the Vista Performance Index?

That is damn good, considering the highest currently possible is 5.9.

I use the new wired KB and MS 8000BT mouse, works fine with my setup when running Winblows on BC.

4. stoaka macrumors newbie

Installing Vista on Mac Pro - Resolution Problems

I am having problems with installing VISTA on my new MacPro 4Core 3GHZ, 1GB Memory on separate drive. Vista installs fine but it does not recognize the graphic card. Display is like windows in safemode; i am not able to change resolution; I used BootCamp to install Vista;

If you have installed Vista successfully please send me steps.
    I am frustrated.
    Suresh
    stoaka@gmail.com