Just installed leopard..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dan7592, Mar 13, 2008.

1. dan7592 macrumors regular

And I love it! It was simple to set up, and I love all the new features. I set up time machine, I also set up mail which I only had to enter in my gmail email adress and password. Spaces is great too, and I noticed how when it shows you all the wifi connections you can connect to, it shows if it's a protected connection or not. I don't think I've noticed it on tiger before. The new dock is pretty cool too. Is there a way to make the menu bar non transparent? I heard it was in an update but I don't see it. I also like the new finder as well.

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

The non-transparent menu bar is in the Desktop & Screen Saver part of Preferences.

3. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

4. dan7592 thread starter macrumors regular

I have 10.5.2. I tried it with the transparency off, but I don't think I like it. It's a good option to have, though.

Oh, and do you have to do the initial backup when using time machine? I clicked start backing up in the icon in the menu bar, and it is backing up over 25 gigs. Is that normal?

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yes, the first backup is a complete backup. It kinda wouldn't work if you didn't actually back up your stuff :)

6. dan7592 thread starter macrumors regular

alright, good to know. I will let that run over night.