Just installed Lion....and now my charger isn't working?!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by modelbehaviour, Aug 18, 2011.

1. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

HELP! I just finished installing OS Lion, and now my MacBook won't charge! Its a late 2007 white MacBook if that makes a difference. I've tried different plugs, taking out the battery, and resetting the SMC but nothing - there is no light on the charger and it does nothing. I'm going to a shopping center anyway tomorrow that has an apple store...should I just take it in?

2. modelbehaviour thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone? I've now found out I can't even get a genius appointment tomorrow so I'm annoyed to day the least.

3. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Sounds like the charger is faulty - what happens if you take the battery out and just connect the charger to the MacBook - will it start up ?

Sometimes the led will not show either a green or amber led but still provide voltage to the MacBook....

If it won't start up with the battery out - put the battery back in and try starting up without the charger connected.

4. modelbehaviour, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

modelbehaviour thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? I only bought a new charger in January after my original one died....and it worked fine right up until lion installed.

Edit: And now...it's working again. WTH?!

5. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

wow i didn't even think that is possible?

ever had water damage I can hear that can take a while to kick in. umm...i'm not sure what else it can be. my frineds charger no longer glows but still charges, does it still charge or no? (i'm guessing no but it doesn't hurt to check)

6. modelbehaviour thread starter macrumors 6502

Neither did I. It's stopped working again now, but it's been working most of today. I googled the problem and it seems quite a few people are having similar issues.