Just installed Moshi Palmguard (white)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by balwx, Dec 19, 2007.

1. balwx macrumors regular

Greetings.

Based mostly on reviews from this forum, I purchased this product for my white macbook. After sitting for1 1/2 days at a local DHL distribution point, it arrived earlier today.

This product was very easy to install. I installed the trackpad first, as others have stated since it lies at a very slighly lower point. Next, I installed the large palm rest piece & the small piece.

I have not noticed any sensitivity issues with the trackpad.

I was mostly concerned with dirt eventually getting on these surfaces & possibility the discoloration issue (I know some have stated that this issue no longer exists). The product seems pretty durable so far. I also like the small 'moshi' logo on the lower right hand part of the palm rest. I have seen some others with a larger logo, something I did not want.

So far, I am very happy with this purchase. I hope this mini-review helps others.

Here is the site for this purchase.

http://www.aevoe.com/shop/

Take care

balwx

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I also have one of these on my computer, i really didn't like the feel of the trackpad protector so that went pretty quickly. But the rest of the proctors are really nice and I like it. Also get free ruler:cool:

3. balwx thread starter macrumors regular

Hi. I didnt get the ruler (it wasn't in the sealed package, anway)
    :)

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This is what you are missing

Photo 30.jpg

5. balwx thread starter macrumors regular

Nice. Thanks for posting. Take care:)

6. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

Ya.. thats exactly what I was thinking.. I think I'm gonna get one of those.
    Thx.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Thanks for the review. I've been considering this product for a little while.

Any chance you can post a pic or two of how it looks on your MacBook?

8. lhlee macrumors newbie

Moshi Palmrest for 13" MacBook

Moshi recently reclaimed some of those troublesome 'clear' touchpad covers and replaced them with a opaque touchpad replacement.
    It's much, much better than the first touchpad protector, and almost feels like the touchpad without any covers.
    Overall, the Moshi protector is great- however; the pads don't really 'fit' the MacBook since it is too overly white.
    I would argue, but it matches the color of the keys, so that's a plus, I guess. :cool:

9. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I LOVE my Moshi palmguard, wouldn't own a MBP without it. I like my trackpad cover, not sure if it is the new version, I think it's better with the trackpad sticker on.

10. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I just bought a moshi for the mbp after using the product on other computers, even a custom fit one for a thinkpad 12". Great product, although I have to agree, not a big fan of the trackpad sticker. Luckily my dad gets some nice ones from his work (asus).