Just installed taig update now apps and dock missing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Conway, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Conway macrumors member

Hello just installed the taig update from idownloadblog and seemed to work great then i turned my phone off and back on and now all of my apps and my dock is blank. Ive tried to just restore but cant becuase my locatemy iphone is turned on and i cant access it. Ive tried the volume up trick but that doesnt work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have an iphone 6+ 8.3

2. Conway thread starter macrumors member

just tried to click message someone in my app switcher and my phone crashed. And while in safe mode all of my apps and dock apps are still missing

3. Candurin macrumors regular

Next time be sure to be diligent and search before you leap. Taig has announced via weibo that there are issues with their kernel and do NOT use the taig 2.1 or 2.1.1 that people have pulled from their servers. When they are ready to release the updated jailbreak it will be on their webpage, officially.

Reddit has been updating jailbreak information often and fast.

The missing icon is a known bug with the deb or exe 2.1 or 2.1.1 taig versions.

You'll have to manually put your phone into DFU mode and restore to 8.3 via iTunes.

4. Conway thread starter macrumors member

okay thanks man I can now use the system search do you know if I can uninstall it with ifile? unfortunately I cannot open cydia and I did not previously install openssh, or is there a link I can open from safari or google chrome to get to settings or something like that

5. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I'm sorry to hear about issue there,must be frustrating. I jailbroke mine and installed the deb file by iFile and haven't had no issues whatsoever. Anyways, log in into your iCloud account https://www.icloud.com and log in and turn off find my iPhone and restore.