Just installed XP and is now the startup up OS :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rgmacpro, Dec 20, 2008.

1. rgmacpro macrumors newbie

For work purposes, I installed XP with fusion as a parallell. Everything is working fine expect windows now appears as the default operating system at startup. How do I make mac as the start up operating system?

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

If you installed it under boot camp, simply hold the option key when you power up. That'll give you which bootable partition to choose. After booting in to OS X, launch System Preferences and choose you startup disk from its panel - that'll make it the default.

3. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Completely uninstall windows, which does wonders!

4. cathyy macrumors 6502a

If you're in Windows, right click the Boot Camp Control Panel and select 'Restart in Mac OS X'.

If you're in Leopard, go to system preferences, Startup Disk, and select Mac OS X as your startup disk.

5. areusche macrumors regular

areusche

If you want an easy way to select between windows and OS X without the "option key" nonsense try Refit. Their web page is here http://refit.sourceforge.net/

6. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

& why is this question under MacBook Pro, PowerBook?

7. mrbmine macrumors newbie

If it makes you feel better my MBP starts up in MS DOS:(

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

As Cave Man said above, just go into your System Preferences and click the "Startup Disk" pane- then select your OSX disk to make it the default startup to solve that.

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Yes that is true- but the reason I installed and then pulled it right back off is that I boot to OSX 95% of the time and did not want to make a OSX/Windows choice at every startup as ReFit does it. :( Much easier to just boot to OSX by default, and hit Option the few times I want to startup in Windows IMO.

10. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

could someone please move windows spam (which is what it is here) to the windows section?