Just Installed

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DrummerBASS, Dec 23, 2009.

1. DrummerBASS macrumors regular

So, I've just installed snow leopard, and it all went fine, hooray!

Are there any cool things that people can suggest I can do to my system that's new in SL?

Many thanks in advance.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

A more specific and appropriate thread title will give you a more knowledgeable and wider audience.

Also does www.apple.com/macosx not have the information you're looking for?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well, I found I'm now able to pick up chicks now that my Mac is using SL :p

Seriously there's not too much "cool" stuff you can do with SL. Most of the changes were under the hood, geared to making developer's coding easier and making the OS better prepared to handle the multi-core cpus more efficiently.

Check out this incredibly indepth review of SL ars technica

4. DrummerBASS thread starter macrumors regular

Well sorry for asking the forum members if they had anything to offer themselves. If all people want us to do is search and use apple.com then there's no need for new posts is there really?

and thanks maflynn

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No problems, unfortunately unlike win7 apple really didn't add to much to SL for us consumers. They just tweaked existing features a bit.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I think that is directed at me, except the thanks part of course.

I advised to use a better thread title to gain a wider audience, because "I just installed" could mean many, many things, like having installed an older OS like System 6 or maybe even some other piece of software, or just an update. It's confusing and unclear what you want just from your thread title alone, and that is what people see first. It comes down to proper communication but as this forum is part of the world wild wets, I should maybe accept the fact, that that's not what the www is meant for.
    And I didn't advice you to do a search first, as that may be too much to ask anyways in this day and age.

Also Apple.com is quite a good resource, and there have been lots and lots of threads here regarding SL and its features. Sometimes repeating things over and over seems redundant to me, but hey, the servers storing this forum won't mind having another one of these.