sioannou

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Nicosia Cyprus
Hi

I'd just wanted to say that I have just installed an 8gb ram kit from Crucial to my MBP early 2011. I definitely recommend it as it's like I've got a new computer. No more sluggishness when I have to deal with multiple tabs in firefox , some virtual machines and fm 2012 running !

A great upgrade !

Nice

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
The same for me. After I upgraded the ram - whole new world.

Comment

Capex

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I went from 2 GB to 8. HUGE difference. Good to hear you upgraded too! It's amazing.

Comment

Mersailios

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2011
Depending on the applications and workload that you are running, the difference between 4 GB and 8 GB of memory can be night and day.

I heavily multitask with my MacBook Pro every day, and while 4 GB was sufficient in most cases there were times where I'd wind up swapping quite a bit to disk, so my computer has a lot more breathing room with 8 GB. I can throw practically anything at it and not have to worry about quitting other applications. Best $69 I've spent on an upgrade! :D

Comment

Ansah

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2011
Yup. I recently went from 2 to 8 and it makes all of the difference in the world. Especially considering how inexpensive memory is these days. I got 2 X 4GB Corsair sticks for $36...

Comment

Spencer Reynen

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2011
I have some 8GB RAM on my christmas list, I can't wait to get it after all the good things I hear about it.

Comment

PNGento

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
Hi

I'd just wanted to say that I have just installed an 8gb ram kit from Crucial to my MBP early 2011. I definitely recommend it as it's like I've got a new computer. No more sluggishness when I have to deal with multiple tabs in firefox , some virtual machines and fm 2012 running !

A great upgrade !

I just purchased an 8GB ram kit from NewEgg. It just arrived. Any advice for installing? Is this a user-doable thing? Anything I should know before doing it? I guess I remove the back...anything else special about the MBP? Never updated a MAC as this is my first after moving from Windows a few months ago.

TIA

Comment

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I just purchased an 8GB ram kit from NewEgg. It just arrived. Any advice for installing? Is this a user-doable thing? Anything I should know before doing it? I guess I remove the back...anything else special about the MBP? Never updated a MAC as this is my first after moving from Windows a few months ago.

TIA

It's the same as any other laptop, dig right in. You have instructions in your owner's manual.

Comment

jdsingle

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Man, I thought this was preordered by everyone prior to them even purchasing their laptop. Mine arrived about a week before I actually purchased the computer so I never even tried the 2GB. RAM upgrade and SSD upgrade is a must for me before I even turn on the computer.

Glad you like it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.