Just intalled 8gb from Crucial and I get a new computer!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sioannou, Nov 22, 2011.

1. sioannou macrumors member

sioannou

Hi

I'd just wanted to say that I have just installed an 8gb ram kit from Crucial to my MBP early 2011. I definitely recommend it as it's like I've got a new computer. No more sluggishness when I have to deal with multiple tabs in firefox , some virtual machines and fm 2012 running !

A great upgrade !

2. Nice macrumors regular

Nice

The same for me. After I upgraded the ram - whole new world.

3. Capex macrumors regular

I went from 2 GB to 8. HUGE difference. Good to hear you upgraded too! It's amazing.

4. Mersailios macrumors regular

Depending on the applications and workload that you are running, the difference between 4 GB and 8 GB of memory can be night and day.

I heavily multitask with my MacBook Pro every day, and while 4 GB was sufficient in most cases there were times where I'd wind up swapping quite a bit to disk, so my computer has a lot more breathing room with 8 GB. I can throw practically anything at it and not have to worry about quitting other applications. Best $69 I've spent on an upgrade! :D

5. Ansah macrumors newbie

Ansah

Yup. I recently went from 2 to 8 and it makes all of the difference in the world. Especially considering how inexpensive memory is these days. I got 2 X 4GB Corsair sticks for $36...

6. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

Great to hear, it's the bang-for-your-buck upgrade! Stage I

7. aCondor macrumors 6502

I've been thinking of upgrading from 4GB to 8GB and this thread just pushed me over the edge! Headed to NewEgg now... :)

8. Spencer Reynen macrumors member

I have some 8GB RAM on my christmas list, I can't wait to get it after all the good things I hear about it.

9. PNGento macrumors member

I just purchased an 8GB ram kit from NewEgg. It just arrived. Any advice for installing? Is this a user-doable thing? Anything I should know before doing it? I guess I remove the back...anything else special about the MBP? Never updated a MAC as this is my first after moving from Windows a few months ago.

TIA

10. snaky69 macrumors 603

It's the same as any other laptop, dig right in. You have instructions in your owner's manual.

11. jdsingle macrumors regular

Man, I thought this was preordered by everyone prior to them even purchasing their laptop. Mine arrived about a week before I actually purchased the computer so I never even tried the 2GB. RAM upgrade and SSD upgrade is a must for me before I even turn on the computer.

Glad you like it.