Just introducing myself...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by x5Starsx, Feb 18, 2008.

1. x5Starsx macrumors newbie

x5Starsx

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for this thread but I looked and didn't find a "new member" forum specifically, but sorry if I missed anything! :rolleyes:

Anyway I am a new Mac user, and I truly adore my computer! 13inch black MacBook and it works like a dream. I had always wanted a mac vs windows but haven't been able to afford a new computer till now, and I've been spending the last few days learning things here and there!

I'm from the island of Maui (Not from birth) and this is a truly beautiful place to live and have a family. I'm wondering how many fellow Hawaii-dwellers are on here...? :cool:

I hope to see everyone around the forum :eek: :apple:

2. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Hi and welcome! MacRumors is a great forum and I hope you enjoy it. I can remember when I first managed to afford a Mac, just a few years ago. What was the thing I felt most? Excitement? No. Relief!!!!

I had a search and there is a new members thread, but it's inside another one. Here you go: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=324933

By the way, I had a look at your profile. Congratulations!
    (Now everyone will go off and have a look!)

3. x5Starsx thread starter macrumors newbie

x5Starsx

Oh thank you! :) I am hoping I will be a good mother, I am constantly told my instincts will kick in the second I see her and I'm just hoping that's the case. I'm so excited for this! 103 days left!

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Welcome and congrats :D

103 days, thats great about 6.5 months to get ready for your first christmas :eek: You'll find the macrumors crowd a great bunch, advice is plentiful and the banter is sweet, enjoy your time here ;)

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yes welcome welcome, MR is a wonderful forums place. they also do pretty good predicting the release of new macs :p. in no time you will be checking it every day seeing if that new computer/ipod/anything has come out yet. i stay up until 3am sometimes waiting for those new threads to come out (i live in australia).

hope you enjoy your macbook and if you ever need anything, dont be afraid to give us a yell.

DoFoT9

6. x5Starsx thread starter macrumors newbie

x5Starsx

Thank you both!
    Mr. Noisy is the first Christmas with baby really hard or something:confused: I am getting very anxious because I only have about 3 months left! Feels like it will fly right by.
    Thanks DoFoT! I am always up that late too haha. I hope this site doesn't cause me to go broke! :D

Oh, when can I upload an avatar? :)

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Most likely this thread will be locked as "new member" threads typically are. Otherwise we'd need a whole forum section for new people, hence the consolidated one linked above. But in response to your avatar inquiry you can find the answer to that and many other enlightening topics right here.

8. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Welcome to MacRumors! And congratulations on the new MacBook. Glad you're enjoying it. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.