Just invert colors on the iPhone to get a rough feel for a dark theme

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rockyroad55, Jun 11, 2013.

1. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Well the icons will look super weird but the settings app looks pretty good.

2. Deasnutz macrumors 6502

That makes much of the phone useless. But yes the settings screen is better.

3. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Well I didn't suggest using it unless you actually need to invert because of a disability. But it may give users a rough idea of what a darker theme may look like.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

The black looks nice then. It's way too much white for me though when it's not inverted.

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

It would be nice to include a nice pair or themes. One black and one white. As they do with iPhones and iPads. That way users can match their device or contrast it.

6. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

That does make a big difference. I like it other than pictures look goofy. It is a bit overly bright as is.

7. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

For all of the complaints different people have about the UI - that is my only gripe. The white.

I really do wish there was a way to theme the menus to white OR dark. Maybe Apple will make one eventually, but probably not. White has always been their thing, lol.

8. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Honest question and not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but what disability would this help with?

9. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I actually want to know too. I'm not too sure. I just thought it was a disability reason since it's in the accessibility settings. Perhaps color blindness or those that have an increased sensitivity to light and need darker settings?