Just Jailbroke few questions.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by azstinger, Feb 7, 2011.

1. azstinger macrumors member

Sep 21, 2010
    Ok so I jailbroke a few weeks ago and have a few questions.

1) is it typical that when you are forced to reboot to get stuck in the power on power off loop? When I installed winterboard and retinapad encountered this problem. Basically it load to the apple logo then reboots. I am able to boot into Pwnage but it is tricky and if this ever happens without a computer around the iPad isn't really usable. Something wrong with my jailbreak or what's up?

2) If i buy an app in Cydia for iPad can i then install the same app for my iPhone (when it arrives tomorrow that is :cool: )? Also does Cydia work like iTunes if I have to restore my iPad or do I have to buy apps all over again?

3) In regards to themes. I have installed winterboard but am still confused a little bit in how they all work together. Does the theme need to say it is a winterboard theme to work properly? Is it possible to mix and match themes? For example I really like the Retro Phone Dialer but like a lot of other complete themes, can they be used together?

Thanks in advance!
  2. ulbador macrumors 68000

Feb 11, 2010
    1) You have to do an untethered jailbreak using one of the new tools.

2) Yes. I do this already. In Cydia, paid apps are associated with an account. Mine is with my Facebook account.

3) Generally speaking yes. Winterboard is basically a quick theming package. When you turn it on, you check which themes you want ON/OFF. If there are elements of different things that clash, the one that is higher on the list will be implemented.
  3. azstinger thread starter macrumors member

Sep 21, 2010

Thanks for the inputs. So there is now a stable untethered jailbreak?