Just jailbroke iPod Touch 2.2 - A few questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by maclover001, Nov 23, 2008.

1. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

1) Why Cydia AND installer?

2) I remember back in the days of 1.1.4, my friend had a jailbroken Touch, with an app called "Customize", it came with several themes that change the look of the entire homescreen (Dock, icons, etc). Is this app still around, or did WinterBoard replace it?

3) Because I couldn't find Customize anywhere, I installed WinterBoard and played around with it. I then went into Cydia and installed a theme for it. How do I actually apply it?

4) Maybe I'm just a bit OCD about this - but the Installer icon seems to be slightly lower than the rest. Or are my eyes just deceiving me?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, some good software sources for Cydia would also be nice. :)

2. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

1) I know its weird to install both, but sadly that's the way it is. One offers some the other doesn't and vice versa.

2) Customize is glitchy and has been replaced by the flawless Winterboard.

3) Go to Winerboard, and the name of the theme you installed should be at the bottom. Put a check beside the theme and exit Winterboard. When you exit you will see a "busy" icon (the spinny thing) in the middle of your application icons. Let it finish applying your theme (it'll take about 5-10 seconds) then when it's done it will go to the lock screen. Unlock, and there you go, your new theme should be applied.

4) Your eyes are deceiving you.

Search around for sources there are tons :)

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you will find installer to be not as full as cydia I believe most repos are on cydia, I stopped using installer as they done a terrible job on it when rip dev team took it over.