Just jailbroke my 3GS and updated Baseband.. need some help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Legacy40k, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Legacy40k macrumors newbie

So, I successfully just jailbroke my 3GS and installed the ipad baseband. I seem to still have GPS, but its less accurate... putting my location about 2km away from where I am right now.

Anyways... jailbreaking restored all the defaults, so now how do I get my contact list back? and my mail settings, and apps... etc.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

just restore from a backup in itunes

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

It's probably pulling location from nearby cell towers rather than GPS. Useless for nav software, that's for sure.

5. Legacy40k thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Didn't realize I could still do stuff through itunes. I guess I can do everything I could before except for update the software then.

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Restoring through a backup will get everything back. You can do most everything you could normally do with iTunes such as adding music, apps, etc. The only thing you can't do is update or restore to stock firmware as they try to overwrite your 6.15.00 with 5.xx.xx and will error out.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True that.

8. Xb0xGuru macrumors member

I updated with a stock IPSW on my 3GS the last three releases with 6.15 baseband.

After the error appears in iTunes, I just use iReb to kick it out of recovery mode. I then re-jailbroke and carried on as normal.

Won't be an issue much longer as I have a replacement Baseband chip winging its way to me.