Just Jailbroke my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Matt89, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Matt89 macrumors newbie

What do I do now? What apps do people suggest? How do I customize text message ring tones?

Anything I should know now that I have jail broken my iPhone?

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

3. Phil-82 macrumors member

Winterboard,

MyWi,

SbSettings,

Synchronicity,

iProtect,

iBlacklist...

4. Matt89 thread starter macrumors newbie

wht about changing my root pw to alpine?
    whats that all about?

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Spend a lot of time researching and browsing the "Post Your Jailbroken Home Screen" threads. Lots of good info if you're okay with doing a good amount of reading. You also get to see examples of tweaks and mods you might want to do.

If you're looking for specific tutorials, try the search function and branch out to other websites. If you can't find what you're looking for don't hesitate to ask around here as there's a good community of regulars that have been around since the beginning. Just remember to search before starting a new thread. You'll read all about it if you omit that step. :)

6. Matt89 thread starter macrumors newbie

ugh it seems like jailbreaking an iphone is much more customization the tough way, which i have no interest/knowledge of.

im just using cydia trying to figure things out

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

That has to do with SSH. I'd use iPhone explorer.

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

No need to make it complicated, why did you JB was there a specific capability you were looking for.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

chill out take sometime a relax. spend sometime on here and youtube and read the modmyi forum search best jailbreak themes, apps, tools. for starters some stuff you will love some hate. doesn't matter it's your iphone. if doing a little searching and research is to much. (restore as new) otherwise welcome to the jailbreak club.

10. Matt89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to see what it can do, very curious. I wanted a new look for the phone and I really enjoy the texting now.

11. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

The four must have Cydia apps for me are: LockInfo, BiteSMS, Multifl0W and SBSettings.

Some of the must have Mobile Substrate tweaks are: AppSync for iOS 4.x+, AutoClose Folder, CyDelete, Cyntact, DeleteMail, EZDecline, FolderEnhancer, My3G and MyWi.

12. Matt89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think what I would like quite a bit is to have at the top of the main screen is the weather (I have iBlanks).

I am a big fan of biteSMS

13. jjk454ss, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Do you have Winterboard installed? If not, install Winterboard. You might find a weather widget in Cydia, but I would look through the post your jailbroke homescreen thread and find a widget you like. You will need to install Winterboard and OpenSSH through Cydia, but when you find one you like, post back and if you can't figure out how to install it, someone here will help.

Here is a nice widget for your Springboard(I set the weather to Chicago):

http://www.mediafire.com/?ecb7b52ewpj9rvc

Download, unzip, the use a SFTP app like CyberDuck to transfer to your phone via SSH:

http://www.simonblog.com/2009/05/17/how-to-use-ssh-to-transfer-file-on-iphone/

14. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

There is a LockInfo plugin for that. Search Cydia for 'Lock Weather Plugin'. After it is installed, your lockscreen should look close to this depending on how you have the other LockInfo plugins set up. You'll also have to set it to hide the regular clock or you'll have both on the screen. I have the slider hidden, but it isn't by default.

[​IMG]

edit: Sorry for the large photo. Im used to another forum I'm on auto resizing them, lol.

15. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Lockinfo is okay, I like SBSettings too. Winterboard is a must for theming. There are also some cool tweaks like "tap to unlock" and whatnot. Emulators are also good if you're nostalgic like myself. Also get mobile terminal. Wraparound and Barrel are also great tweaks!

16. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Mobile Terminal doesn't work on the iPhone 4.

17. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Awh, I honestly haven't tried it on my iP4 yet but I've got one on 4.3.3 with my 3Gs. I just downloaded the 4.x updated version that is being offered by various repositories.