Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickrinaldi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
I just jailbroke my iphone for the first time. main reason to get 3g unristictor and a video recorder on my 3g. I heard the winterboard slows the phone down so i will not install it.

any other apps slow the phone down. 3gs may handle them but 3g might slow to a crawl. i just want to know some apps that dont effect 3g too much.

is bosspaper a better alternative to winterboard. i just want to add a background, not big themes or icon changes.

is cycorder better than 3g video recorder? i dont mind paying for the latter if its better quality.

thanks for any help. or suggestions on essential apps that dont slow the phone down like winterboard would.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
if you use winterboard settings with winterboard...it frees up some ram, i think bosspaper is faster though

cycorder is way better than video recorder for 3g.

anything that runs as a mobilesubstrate extension will slow the phone down a little. i'm assuming you're on a 3g.

i noticed that my phone was faster when i had no themes, but my springboard was just a picture.

it you need themes/springboard wallpaper those will slow it down, but not THAT much. it really just depends how much stuff is running and how much free ram you have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.