Just Jailbroke Need Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ibpod, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ibpod macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

I recently Jailbroke and I want to make sure that I'm safe and secure. Can someone please help me out and let me know what I need to do. Thanks so much

2. labman, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

I think you should have researched if it was safe and secure before you did it.. I just don't get why people don't read up on things before they jump in. In the day of the internet answers are only a quick search away.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=983491

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Pick one.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you feared for your security, you should have done your research. I've been a jailbreaker for quite a while and I've never had any problems (that I know of) but apparently now the Germans are raving that it's insecure because of the jbme.com PDF exploit. I would just ignore the tabloids and enjoy your jailbreak. If you ever feel that you're at risk then a simple restore with iTunes will fix everything. :)

5. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

Actually, this is not the tabloids. These are security experts. However, they released a PDF security patch through Cydia for jailbreakers who need the patch now. As well, this exploit affects non-jailbreakers as well, so for non-geeks who do not know jailbreaking, they are going to have to update to iOS 4.3.4 and iOS 4.2.9 if they are able to fix before iOS 5 comes out.

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Actually man, this is the tabloids. It's news that people are reading that scares them out of jailbreaking. The PDF exploit has been available on many firmwares, this is not the first time this has been done.

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You need to plug your iphone to your computer and restore it. If you can't even bother to read the forums or search then you shouldn't be JBing. You will just end up coming back here asking stupid questions.