Just Jailbroken, now what to do?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Happytodd, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Happytodd, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

Happytodd macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

A couple days ago I jailbroken my iPhone 4 for the first time and I absolutely love it. Then after looking on this forum at peoples homescreens, there all absolutely amazing. What apps do you guys use to make your iPhone look this good.

I have Winterboard with City Light (Video Wallpaper) and thats all modding wise. I also read on another Thread that you can change logos or something by creating a folder and renaming an image or something. How would I do this, I assume most of you guys have done this before?

What are the must have apps, I dislike the look and the default apps that come with the iPhone, the weather app icon doesn't update like the Calender one.

Sorry for being a "newb" at this and all. I use to Jailbreak my iPod Mini with (ipodlinux) and my iPod Nano 2g with Rockbox. Just with the iPhone and Cydia etc, its completely different.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Pirating apps is illegal and frowned upon by this forum. Please buy the apps.

3. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

:O Opps!!!!
    I'm sorry everyone, its just that my mum has an iPhone too. She buys all the apps, and I didn't really see a point in umm buying Angry Birds if she had it...
    However I understand. =]

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If one person already had the app just login using their iTunes Account on the iPhone you want the app, then download it again for free. Once you got the app just sign out of their account then back into your's.

5. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Since this thread started as what can one can do to get the iphone to look good... I'm going to ask something.

How can I change the color of the email and sms notifications... change the red bubble for another color.

6. Happytodd, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

I did find this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1012933

However I'm not sure how to "SSH" I'm assuming its an app in Cydia, but I can't find it with the search function.

EDIT:
    OpenSSH is an app that is widely used apparently. However its only through Wifi unfortunately. Anyone know of another SSH app that can work through USB?

7. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

What I mean was the small number that appears next to the sms icon in home

8. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure about that one, I had a brief look through my iPhone file system but cannot find anything. Sorry buddy!

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

SSH can be a little confusing for a newbie so use this instead until you get more acclimated with SSH.

In this forum, read the "Sticky" threads and familiarize yourself with your newly JB'd phone.

Then, set yourself up with a Paypal account and start buying apps :D

10. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

I think I found it:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/SBBadgeBG.png

11. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

Hehe thankyou very much for the links there.
    SSH is complicated. I just managed to get a working app to read my files on my iphone4. i-FunBox. I shall try familarize myself with all of this. Very very complicated!

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

You should edit out this part of your post...:rolleyes:

13. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I thought so too, but now I have people quoting it... Lol

14. appleaddict24 macrumors newbie

need help

hello im trying to create my own app icons and i have photoshop cs5 but i cant seem to find any help on how to make my cydia app look like this facbook app i found please help

Attached Files: