Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by D4rkShaDoWz, Mar 6, 2008.
I just jailbreaked my ipod touch...what should i install first?
Get BSD Subsystem, you'll need it for some apps. Also, get Summerboard, which lets you customize your home screen, dock, and icons with themes.
how do i upgrade to 1.1.4?
also, what are some good sources to add?
for some reason there are no good apps in installer...how do u get more like customize, etc?
install community sources thats why theres barely anything in installer right now, you need to install that source to add more.
if you jailbroke 1.1.1 then go into installer install community sources, let the sources re-load, then find OKTOPREP and install it, download this file http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...071107.9g3DF/iPod1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
go to itunes shift+click on UPDATE find the file above that you just downloaded and update, once thats done exit itunes and download http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/112jb.html
extract it and read the readme about the ipod touch ignore stuff about iphone, this will give you jailbroken 1.1.2
then to get 1.1.4, either add this source to installer and install the soft update via installer ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml
to add a source go to sources-edit-add and type that in
OR to jailbreak via your pc
download This Package
Put the 1.1.4 Jailbreak folder on your desktop, and open it up. Find the file inside called jailbreak, and double click it. At this point make sure your ipod is on, fully charged, or plugged in, that it meets the requirements above, has auto lock set to never, and connected to wifi. Now follow the instructions that will be shown on screen. at the end it should restart by itself and boot into a jailbroken with the iphone applications 1.1.4. Now the whole process may take anywhere from 20-45minutes depending on your internet connection, it takes so long because it has to download the firmware from apple. Now at some points it may look like it is frozen and not doing anything, but leave it alone it is working.
so let me confirm this
Download the 1.1.2 version
Shift Click Update and select the 1.1.2 file
Download the JB 1.1.2 rar and click on jailbreak
ok so now thanks to this guys response, it bricked my ipod...now what do i do? start from stratch?
my response? you may have done something wrong.. start from scrath yes.
my post contained the official jailbreak from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 the only current way to have all DRM protected aac files from itunes play on a 1.1.4 jailbroken touch with a capacity of either 16gb or 32gb
1. Download 1.1.1 firmware from apple here and shift +restore to it: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70927.p23dD/iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw
2. connect to wifi
3. visit jailbreakme.com
4. go to installer
5. install community resources
6. install Oktoprep
7. download 1.1.2 firmware from apple here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...071107.9g3DF/iPod1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
8. open itunes
9. go to ipod in itunes
10. hold shift while clicking on UPDATE (NOT restore)
11. find 1.1.2 firmware on your computer that you just downloaded
13. download official 1.1.2 jailbreak (this WILL work assuming you install Oktoprep via installer and UPDATED (again not restored) to 1.1.2) from here conceited software here: http://www.macminicolo.net/conceited/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip
14. extract the contents of the above file
15. if you are on windows run the .bat file and select jailbreak
17. open installer
18. go to sources
19. select edit
20. select add
21. type in ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml
22. find 1.1.4 soft update
23. install 1.1.4 soft update
this should work, i just followed these exact steps and now have 1.1.4 on my i16gb ipod touch, if you have an 8 gb ipod touch i suggest you using the ziphone.org method