Just Launched a new site! What do you think?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by EV0LUTION, May 30, 2010.

1. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I just launched a personal project I have been wanting to do forever, but have never found the time to create. It's called Error18.com and it's basically a wallpaper / digital art gallery. I hope to expand on it to include users, a forum, maybe personal user galleries, but first get the blog up and running.

It's bult on expression engine with Tutorialzine's Combines Social Stats sprinkled in! Some constructive criticism would be awesome!

Anyways heres the URL http://error18.com and a screen shot is attached!

Attached Files:

2. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Nice layout.
    Page transitions could be smoother. (I can envision something like this on a horizontal slider, rather than refreshing the entire page)
    BTW, you should kern the letters in the Error18 logo, so the strokes line up.

3. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I really do need to make the page transitions smoother, Thanks for the logo tip!

4. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

i would suggest maybe have a front page that explains what the site is for, an area that has updates or news maybe?

5. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I'm working on that, It's going to be in the blog area. I just can't decide on a decent design.

6. rk1991 macrumors regular

7. celticpride678

I really like the design, but like the first poster said, you should make it so that the page doesn't refresh every time.

8. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Nice site!

... I agree with the other posts though. Favicon, some sort of js content transition, explanation of what you're trying to do etc.

Out of interest, why 'Error 18'? Doesn't seem to mean anything.

/Doug

9. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

Error18.com was an old domain name I had laying around and seemed like it fit the part. It means absolutely nothing :D

10. joecommisso macrumors newbie

joecommisso

i think it looks great, simple & too the point. only thing i can say negative is it took me a min to figure out the sites purpose. design wise tho looks fantastic, smooth lines, clean, minimal..i like!