Just listed my Apple Watch Sport on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Brett1203, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

So after going to the Apple Store today to warranty exchange the black sport band I bought for my Apple Watch Sport I saw a few associates there wearing the stainless one, and it made me want one over my sport. So with that being said I just listed it up online.

I love my watch so much and since launch day I have worn it daily, but that stainless looks so good to, so if mine sells, im going to get that one.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Many people here have reported that the Apple Store will,allow you to trade it in on a higher value watch, even after the 14 days. Would that not be better? They give you a gift card for the full price of your Sport to apply against the SS model.

5. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I actually asked 3 employees there today while exchanging my band, but they said that they do not offer that. Trust me that was the first thing I tried.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I think you'd be better off putting it on eBay if you have good feedback. You will reach a wider audience, many of whom may not know the watches are becoming available in store, and/or don't live near one.

7. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

If it doesn't sell in a few days I may try that, I typically have good luck selling my Apple items on Craigslist, so we will see.

8. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Does anyone know if the Sport 42mm band for the sport will fit the 42mm SS? I've heard some people on here say the bands between the 2 models are not able to fit opposite models?

9. PrincessKick macrumors newbie

PrincessKick

My boss has two different sports bands he swaps out with a leather band on his 42mm SS model. No issues.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I use CL too and it can work well if you can separate the "nuts" who will offer you $200 for your watch. You meet all kinds on CL.

11. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Lol, yeah I did list my price as firm and stated I will only meet the buyer at the Apple Store. Typically that limits the risk and morons lol.

12. ATS macrumors regular

ATS

I hear you. I went to my local Apple Store yesterday and upgraded from the Sport to the stainless steel model. Luckily, I was still within the 14-day return window. Good luck with your sale and enjoy your stainless steel Apple Watch.

13. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

The SS actually sells with the White and Black Sport bands so you'll have no issue. I have the SS and wear it with Sport bands among others.

14. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

I went the other way around, from SS to Space Gray Sport (w/black sports band). SS was nice but a little too flashy mirror finish, and I could notice the weight difference. It's all just a matter of personal choice.

As others mentioned- you won't have issues with sport bands and SS. Everything is interchangeable (of course double check the band box to make sure it's correct 38mm or 42mm size).

15. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Yeah actually just realized the replacement black sports band that the Apple Store swapped today is a damn 38mm!! Damnit, so back to the Apple Store again tomorrow after work. Ugh

16. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

I flipped 2 on Craigslist, hate the double tap of eBay and PayPal fees.

17. Brett1203 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I went back in today after being told no on Sunday, but this time happened to talk to a manager (Didn't realize he was a manager) and started the sob story of how I preordered my 42mm sport, received on launch day but so wish I had ordered the SS, so he was so nice and allowed me to return my Sport for a full refund and they ordered me a 42mm SS with the white band!! I am so excited. Now back to waiting lol, but so worth it!!