Just look at this, Apple this is ridiculous!

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Shackss, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Shackss, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018

Shackss macrumors newbie

Here's the $5k computer Apple is selling with their "an improvement over Sierra" operating system.
    https://imgur.com/a/25Gfefw

So it looks like they removed the post from r/apple and also got downvoted massively. I've uploaded the video to imgur.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

3. Shackss thread starter macrumors newbie

Please check the link now, looks like that got removed for unknown reasons.

4. Regime2008 Suspended

Regime2008

Ouch, that is laughable at best for a 5k machine.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Anything can be anything out of context.

Could it be an issue? Sure.

He could also be rendering several 8k videos in the background or have been screwing around with settings.

The internet is the internet.

6. Shackss thread starter macrumors newbie

This was a computer in a reputable Apple Reseller shop. It was just standing there doing nothing. It's not a hardware issue. I'm willing to bet $100 this is a problem with High Sierra.

7. esk macrumors member

Yes it is high sierra. I'm experiencing the same on my imac 2017. Various animations in the os are really jerky and laggy.

I'm hoping that this is caused by the new metal 2 and that it will be fixed in 10.14

8. minik macrumors 65816

9. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

10. Bollockser macrumors regular

I have tried High Sierra twice now, and within 1-2 days gone back to El Capitan, precisely because of this kind of issue. It stutters and lags doing basic finder functions. When doing any kind of actual work it's even worse, beachball and borderline crashes. This is on a machine with maxed out RAM and brand new SSD.

Ive encountered issues with Apple software before, thinking maybe my machine at the time was just not up to snuff, but then only to find out that the current top of the line maxed out machines suffer the same issues due to Apple's crap QC.

Always keep your older software and OS installers! The versions you love may be replaced by "upgrades" which are complete crap.

11. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

reboot.

HS is great here, mostly (buggy in some places, but i AM on a beta. in my experience, every version of the OS has it's buggy moments. but am getting my work done (on 2 macs), and am happy (enough).

12. alkar macrumors regular

OS X always sucked when maximizing windows. This is the case since Tiger at least unless you use the built in fullscreen option.

The old one hasn't been updated ever since and is slow as hell on any Mac, it's not an iMac Pro issue per se but just a software issue that affects ALL macs.