Just made a genius appointment for one hour from now

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gil22, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Gil22 macrumors member

I bought it at best buy, do I need to bring the receipt? If they decide my black light bleed deserves a replacement, will the wipe my current one then and there or do my pictures and contacts go off to who knows where?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You shouldn't need the receipt, although it wouldn't hurt to have it in your pocket. Even if they do "wipe" it in the store, Apple can probably still recover most (if not all) of your data if they wanted to. There's nothing you can do about it anyways, so it's not worth worrying about if you want a replacement.

3. Gil22 thread starter macrumors member

thanks, what about my data plan...is there a way to move the one I signed up for so that I don't get charged twice?

4. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

if it's an AT&T iPad, they can just swap out the SIM. Not sure how they handle Verizon models.

5. Gil22 thread starter macrumors member

i'll report back my findings for those following this

6. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

Thanks

7. thankins macrumors 6502

I just got my replaced...64 3g. Walked in and they reviewed the issue (sim slot issue) said " will be right back"...came out with a new one and handed it to me. I asked if i could wipe the old device and she handed it to me after pulling up the reset menu.

What was great was that they said there are still lines forming at 5:30 every day but they keep a few extra of each model for replacements

8. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I just had my Verizon iPad replaced. Genius looked relieved when I told her I had not activated my data plan. Sounds like the CDMA iPad is a pain to switch over since they are forced to deal with Verizon.

9. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Fixed that for you.