Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

br00tulz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Just to make sure i have this right....
You CAN connect your xbox360 to your time capsule to use live using an ethernet cable?

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Why would it not work? Time Capsule is just a router (with 3 Gigabit LAN ports) and a networked hard drive.

Now if you want to stream content from the Time Capsule hard drive, I don't know. You would need something like Connect 360 on your main computer and have it link to the content on Time Capsule.

br00tulz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Why would it not work? Time Capsule is just a router (with 3 Gigabit LAN ports) and a networked hard drive.

Now if you want to stream content from the Time Capsule hard drive, I don't know. You would need something like Connect 360 on your main computer and have it link to the content on Time Capsule.

Just making sure, thanks.
:)

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
I don't know much about xbox other than they suck but, my PS3 is wirelessly connected to my AEBS.

Both systems are great in their own categories. Just like the PC/Mac debate.

Just making sure, thanks.
:)

If it doesn't work at first, just forward the ports to Xbox Live (TCP 3074, UDP 3074, and UDP 88). If you can't figure it out, just post here and we'll try to help.

But I'm sure it will work great once you plug it in.

br00tulz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Both systems are great in their own categories. Just like the PC/Mac debate.

If it doesn't work at first, just forward the ports to Xbox Live (TCP 3074, UDP 3074, and UDP 88). If you can't figure it out, just post here and we'll try to help.

But I'm sure it will work great once you plug it in.
Ok, thanks, i'll take your word for it, i couldn't see why it wouldn't, but i was just making sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.