Just Mobile's aluminium iPhone 5 bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 3rdiguy, Mar 31, 2013.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

http://www.just-mobile.com/iphone/aluframe.html
    This thing looks nice but…$70 and wide open bottom. No go for me. I believe if they can charge that much then they should be able to put that touch in. IMHO

2. archrider, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013

archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Since this bumper exactly replicates the perimeter of the iPhone including the diamond cut bevel, it looks very interesting to me. I've been looking for someone to catch on to and come out with the diamond cut.

They claim there is no signal degradation on their Facebook page. If that can be verified I would buy yet another case. I however am skeptical. Surrounding the phones aluminum antenna with uninterrupted aluminum has always proven detrimental. If someone can prove the loss of signal isn't significant I will love this bumper.

The bottom is well recessed and pretty well protected. It has to be open for the earphone plug, mike, sync. plug and speaker. What can they cover to protect better. A thin strip here or there won't help. Most thin cases even leave the whole front beveled edge exposed.

3. wxman2003 Suspended

Looks interesting. Only thing I don't like is the white logo lettering on the black bumper. Really detracts from the look. Also wonder if it would work with the Glas.tR. Doesn't look like it would.

4. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Your first issue doesn't bother me because I'm interested in silver. My iPhone 5 is white. I agree It wouldn't work with Glas.tR. It wraps the screen edge.
    http://www.just-mobile.com/iphone/aluframe.html

5. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

No diamond cut beveled edge. Granted small detail but I like the idea of matching the iPhone finish pretty precisely.

Still, they both appear to have a problem with reception.

6. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Sleekest bumper on the market if you ask me. Why must you reduce signal? Curse you, Faraday cage! :mad:

7. Ace of Spades macrumors newbie

$70?! Man these cases are pushing the limits... the phone itself is like $200. i know i know its subsidized but still..

8. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

That's pretty normal for a CNC aluminum case. The premium by Element case are $150 to $200. The fake copies mostly made in China (some are good) can be gotten for $30 or less.

9. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Was that sarcasm or a compliment? If the latter thanks.