Just my luck 27 LED is yellow

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JimKirk, Jan 9, 2011.

1. JimKirk macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was going go get a budget 27 acer from frys but after seeing it next to my 27 iMac I felt it was not good enough so I figured it was safe to get a 27 led from apple. The whole display has a yellowish tint. Next to my iMac which is white.

It's going back. Wth. I thought we were done with yellow. Guess not. Maybe frys has old stock or something. It said it needed a firmware update.

I'll just get it from apple store and hope for the best.

2. brentsg macrumors 68040

3. JimKirk thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have no calibration tools but it's not too much to ask for white to be white on a 1000 display.

4. brentsg macrumors 68040

White is relative. I can quickly change the color temperature on my display and turn it blue, white, and yellow all within 10 seconds.

You don't need calibration tools to perform the basic steps. Perhaps it is defective. Perhaps it simply needs to be adjusted.

5. ironruby macrumors newbie

I think the main thing is consistency. As long as the colors, gamma, etc. are consistent across the entire screen, then it can probably be adjusted to match your other display.

Also make sure that you're using the right color profile. Mac OS X lets you use a different profile on each display. Just bring up the Display settings and make sure the right profiles are selected for each display.

6. JimKirk thread starter macrumors 6502

I fiddled with calibration

It seems I cannot get the white white.

It is now a shade bluer than the imac but is better than yellow. 2nd display is yellow too so I guess they are all like that.