Just My Luck??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by LuisT, Mar 12, 2008.

1. LuisT macrumors newbie

I have trying to jailbreak my ipod for the past 3-5 days.. STILL NOT WORKING. I swear I have NO LUCK. I tried to downgrade it and I got error 1 on itunes 7.5. I have NO CLUE WHAT TO DO. I clicked " Jailbreak " several times, while it was loading, but it seems like it doesn't work on macs =/ I just got my ipod 5 days ago, and I have the software 1.1.4 ;l is it because my ipod is a new ipod or what?

Thanks!

-Luis

2. thatonekid393 macrumors member

Error 1 means you are not holding down the Power button long enough when you try to enter Restore mode. Hit Restore (without holding shift) and go to 1.1.4 (don't worry, you can Restore from there) then go to Restore it. This time, count out loud to ten Mississippi then let go of the Power button, still holding on to the Home button till you get the pop-up.

If you're confused about any part of that, tell me.

3. LuisT thread starter macrumors newbie

I am sorry but I totally lost you there :S lol. I am sorry, I am very new to this jailbreaking stuff. I just restored my ipod touch to 1.1.4 right now. I deleted the 1.1.3 firmware software by accident. Is there any chance you have it? Also, I am confused about holding the home/and power button. Also, I am using itunes 7.6.1 :S and I am on a mac.

Thanks.

Sorry for the hassle.

4. thatonekid393 macrumors member

Okay. You are now at 1.1.4 firmware, if I read that correctly. Go to www.ipodtouched.net and get iPod firmware 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 from the Downloads box.

Now, hold the Power button (top left) and the Home button (center bottom) while the iPod is plugged in to your computer and iTunes is open. Count out loud to ten Mississippi and then release the Power button, but keep holding down the Home button. DO NOT let go of the power button when you see the iPod has disconnected from the computer, this will give you Error 1.

Now, when a pop-up appears saying a Restore-mode iPod has been detected, let go of the Home button. Hold alt and click on Restore. Select the 1.1.1 firmware restore file you downloaded and your iPod should upgrade. When it is finally done (takes a few minute), go into Safari and go to jailbreakme.com. At the bottom of the page is the automated jailbreaker, tell me if you get to a 1.1.1 jailbroken iPod.

5. LuisT thread starter macrumors newbie

WOO your a life saver. I got it done :) now what do I do? :S

6. thatonekid393 macrumors member

Now, if you want to have a 1.1.3 jailbroken iPod Touch, go to this website and find the part where I left off instructing you.

http://rupertgee.wordpress.com/2008/02/08/jailbreak-113-official-gui-3/

We left off at Part C. I am confident it will carry you through the rest of the jailbreaking process relatively smoothly, I just instructed you on that first part because I felt it was too roughly explained in this guide.

One important note; before you download the "Official 1.1.3 installer" from the Installer application on your jailbroken 1.1.2 Touch (when you get to that step and if you want to continue to jailbreak 1.1.3), change your auto-lock setting to NEVER. If it locks itself you'll have to restart the process. The installer is said to take about 20-30 minutes but mine took over 45, so don't worry if you don't see progress when it gets to the "Attempting to reboot" screen, just let it sit for a while.

7. LuisT thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod not a jailbroken 1.1.2 ipod. How can I jailbreak 1.1.2 :S

-Luis

8. thatonekid393 macrumors member

It's under the heading "Jailbreak to 1.1.2".
    You start by downloading Oktoprep from Installer

9. LuisT thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes yes I did that.. I am on 1.1.2... I did that.. =/

EDIT: I don't get this part

Attention Mac OS X iTunes 7.6 Users: Your iPod touch after rebooting will be stuck at the Recovery Mode screen. Your iTunes 7.6 will want you to restore it. Don’t!

Mount the iNdependence .dmg you downloaded earlier. Double-click to run the iNdependence.app and just sit back and watch your iPod touch. iNdependence will kick your iPod touch out of Recovery Mode and brings it to the Unlock Screen. Yippy! You can quit and trash iNdependence after that.

** This is the issue I am having right now.. Where can I have this iNdependence app?

EDIT: Sorry, I just found the link. Lets hope this guide works :)

-Luis

10. LuisT thread starter macrumors newbie

oh my, your the best person in the world! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I appreciate your help with silly me!

-Luis

Officially jailbroke 1.1.3 :)

11. thatonekid393 macrumors member