just need a little bit of advice....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adamerr, Jul 5, 2008.

1. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

ok, i realise there as been a couple of threads about this, but i need peoples opinions...

i have an 8GB iPod nano, and plan on using this to hold all of my music.
    i plan on only using the iPhone for some music, but not really an videos etc. (im not a big mobile-phone video watcher) nor do i need to have my whole collection of music with me.

should it be safe just to get an 8GB, chuck 2GB of songs on (which is all i really need) and have the rest for storage etc.

i dont see the point in paying an extra $120AUD for space i dont need.

advice/ comments?

2. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Sounds reasonable to me but I am getting the 16Gig phone. I don't want to need the space and not have it.

3. adamerr thread starter macrumors 6502a

adamerr

see, thats what i was thinking.
    but then i just thought of me having a PSP for gaming and an iPod for a dedicated music collection..

i mean, ive done without 8GB on all of my other phones.

4. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

if money were no object i'd go for 16GB. there's going to be a lot of cool apps out there and they're going to need space. not only that, you might decide in the future that mobile tv/movie viewing is something you want. having to manage your existing library around videos will be difficult.

i say bite the bullet and get a 16 giger.

5. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I'd like the 16 GB but I don't need the extra 8 GB.

6. adamerr thread starter macrumors 6502a

adamerr

*im not trying to argue, its just debating with people helps me get my thoughts together*

iTunes stores apps etc, so all i need to do (in the case of games etc.) is just transfer them back and forth between my computer.

7. skierdb526 macrumors regular

in all honesty you do not need the 16 gb. You know this, youre just looking for backup. you have an ipod with your music collection, dont watch videos... thats plenty of free space for a phone. and the apps will not take up much space. i doubt the average person will have the amount of apps necessary to make this a problem.

8. adamerr thread starter macrumors 6502a

adamerr

i value opinions :p
    and yes, this was partly me looking for back-up.
    ill jsut stick with the 8GB