iPad mini Just need a quick advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GeorgieAcevedo, Dec 26, 2013.

1. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Not sure if I should post this here but it has to do with the iPad mini.

On the 24th I went to RadioShack and wanted to purchase the 1st gen iPad mini to receive the $100 gift card. It was sold out at that store so I asked him if he can search around the area to see if any other RadioShack had any left because I needed one for today because it is a present for my little sister and I'm running out of time.

He found one at a RadioShack 10 minutes away, he informed I can pay at that current location and pick it up at the other location (this way they hold it for me) so I did.

When I arrive to the other RadioShack I have my receipt in hand so I tell the Cashier that turns out to be the Manager "I'm here to pick up the MINI here's my receipt" He says here you go and does not even look at my receipt to compare vin number or double check anything.

Turns out when my little sister opens her present yesterday it was the Retina iPad mini not the first gen.

I called back this afternoon and asked for the Manager that helped me that time. I told him I had the retina not the 1st gen. He quickly with an attitude responded "Oh yeah we have a Retina Mini missing, just bring it in and we will give you the one you were supposed to get" I reply "Well that is going to be kind of a problem, my 8 year old sister already loaded her icloud,games ect I can't just take it away from her now" he replies "Ok so just bring the money difference" --- Again this is all with an attitude without saying thanks or anything to me. Without saying he"ll take care of me next time (not saying im expecting anything) but let's be real here not everyone would've called back like I did.

I really want to go back and pay the difference because I can agree mistakes do happen and that does not mean I have to benefit from it, but right at this second I honestly do not want to anymore because of the attitude I received and I am here dealing with this inconvenience just because the Manager wanted to be sloppy and not check my receipt when I did the transaction.

What should I do?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you do decide to return and exchange for the first gen mini, you can simply backup to iCloud or the computer, and when you get the other one, restore from the backup, and all the changes your sister made to the iPad will appear on the new one -- she would hardly notice the difference, other than the screen quality.

But the attitude of the manager being what it is, I would be inclined not to return it.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Be the bigger man and pay the difference. Morality is not based on one's attitude, there is right and there is wrong. I agree the manager should not be exhibiting an attitude but the right thing is to pay the difference.

After you give the money if he's still copping a 'Tude then tell him that you don't appreciate the attitude and its not really consumer friendly - you can even contact the district manager and explain the situation, he'll probably be more appreciative of your honesty.

4. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Go back and pay the difference. You are still ahead. You got the $100 gc and your little sister is set with the latest and greatest.

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

This would be my advice. I'm sure that the district manager and the loss prevention people would like to know about this. This may or may not be the first time this employee has made a mistake like this.

I would say pay the $100 and let management deal with the employee.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Why should they make you pay more for something you did not want? They should be the ones saying sorry and letting you keep it or give you a gift card like company's that care should. You need to call some one with more power they'll care.

7. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I'd def go back... If he still has a attitude explain to him that u don't appreciate it, it's his mistake, and you'd like the district managers contact info. Then proceed to throw him under the bus!

It's nice to read that you called to make it right... these days, not everyone would have, at least on this forum! :)

Either way let us know what happens!

8. runormal macrumors newbie

runormal

As a manager of a retail store myself my 2cents: he should have been much nicer to you on the phone even if he is exhausted from the past month of work - no excuse but that can happen this time of year.

I also think that if you can that you should go in and pay the difference - and the Manager should then either comp you the difference or give you a discount of some kind etc.

Final thought - during some of my exchanges for iPad air screens I somehow left the Apple store with an iPad Air that they had not been rung through their system. When I took it back to exchange as it was defective they had no record of it being sold etc. but they remembered me and it was sorted out. I feel lucky that I did because I am not sure how that could have affected my warranty down the road if I need a replacement etc. could that have caused me a problem. I don't know if that is even an issue or if it would be for the rMini you bought if there is no record of it being sold....

9. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Well you already called and spilled the beans. Go back and return it. As for them acting rude, ask for the manager when you get there and hopefully they hook you up some way.

Personally I wouldn't of said anything. I would of played the dumb customer until they could prove otherwise. And by that point they already screwed up.. You got an iPad mini retina for a lower cost so I can't see them being able to do anything to you.. They screwed up, tough for them. Lesson learned on their end.. Learn from your mistakes.

10. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Exhibit A! :rolleyes: