Just need some opinions on this method of activation hack

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FXT 1, Jul 16, 2009.

1. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

Hi

It might sound stupid but is there ANY way at all to somehow simulate a software factory unlocked iPhone using software that DOESN'T require jailbreak as such, in a locked iPhone 3G to O2.

Cheers

Btw. Does anyone know if O2 in the UK KNOW HOW to unlock the iPhone at all??

Would be nice to know.

2. FXT 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that to both?

*Okay I see

3. The General macrumors 601

Yes.

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

5. FXT 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm locked into a contract with O2 so i Don't want to jailbreak and something go wrong....etc.

I have Jailbroken my iPod Touch successfully running 2.2.1, thats okay as I can always get a new one if it bricks.

6. The General macrumors 601

Jailbreaking hasn't ever cause bricks. That is a myth. Problems used to happen on 1.x that would cause hard-to-fix problems, but never bricks.

Since 2.0, jailbreaking isn't even a risk. If something goes wrong, just DFU restore it with iTunes and all is well.

7. FXT 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm... Interesting, what if you upgraded through iTunes when running jailbroken firmware, what happens then?

8. The General macrumors 601

It erases all of your jailbreak stuff and upgrades.

9. FXT 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, interesting I might do it now, are you sure it doesn't "brick" the device so to speak?

And one crucial question, what if I have to send my iPhone in for repair, will Apple be aware that I've jailbroken , EVEN IF I do a DFU restore etc.... ? And if so, will they not fix my device because of this or what....? :confused: