Just need to confirm about Cydia and SHSH

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Kadin, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I just purchased a used iPad and have done the Greenpois0n jailbreak with no problems on 4.2.1. Upon finally launching Cydia, at the top it shows 'SHSH iOS 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 4.2.1, 4.2b3'. Does this mean the previous owner jailbroke the device at each given software upgrade?

Not a concern as I'm happy to see this. Just want to make sure I'm interpreting it correctly...

2. BookEmDanno, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

BookEmDanno macrumors member

BookEmDanno

Yes indeed. Cydia stores and references the UUID of the device from the point it was JB. From the list, it looks like the previous owner JB starting at 3.2.1. It also means that it wasn't necessarily JB on each of the iOS versions between 3.2.1 and 4.2.1.

Enjoy your iPad.

~ Aloha! ~

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

To elaborate: once the blob save is initiated, it continues to do so for future versions automatically.

4. Cha macrumors regular

To my knowledge Cydia will not save the blobs automatically... The blobs are only saved if you signal the save to occur through Tiny Umbrella. That's way a lot of people did not have the Beta SHSH blobs saved. I could be wrong...

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You are wrong. :)

Cydia has a "Make Your Life Easier" button. If you press that button, SHSH blobs are automatically saved.

6. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

And you can also kick off the automated Cydia process by using TU just once (which can be useful if you ignored the "make my life easier" question originally)...