Just not liking the look...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by EvilQueen, Aug 15, 2013.

1. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

This picture from the Apple site shows iTunes radio with some faded out icons I guess in the background. Maybe it's just me but it makes it look....i don't know, maybe dirty or like there is something wrong with the screen with the dark splotches all over. I hope there is a way to turn off this effect.

[​IMG]

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

It's just translucent and showing the stuff underneath.... Not really sure what the fuss is about.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Suppse to give it a 3D look and users a sense of "place." What's underneath is what u were BEFORE u call up the current screen.

See it live before u condem it.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Not liking the new look either but will give it a chance when it's officially released.

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

7. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Looks pretty good to me.
    Not that I plan on using iTunes radio anyway...

8. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Yep it is due to it being a white iPhone.

Everyone knows how they look after a few days, nasty!;)

9. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

10. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It reminds me of Windows Vista. Granted, I haven't seen it in person yet. I might change my mind.

11. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Yeah you really can't look at pictures to get a true appreciation for iOS 7, you need to use it!

12. 835153 Guest

Not sure about that. I got my white 4S the day it came out and it looks pristine to this day and I have never used any protection. It comes down to how you look after it.

People moan they scratch... don't scratch it then!

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah okay. I don't know where you got this idea from and it seems you've never owned a white iPhone. You seem to have no idea what you're talking about. I've only had white iPhones since they became available. None of them look dirty, at all. Then again, I practice relatively good hygiene, maybe that is how we differ.

I like dirty. :D

14. Appledict macrumors member

Appledict

yes there's a way to disable transparency effects. it's called increase contrast.

15. aristobrat macrumors G4

For me, the look of iOS 7 wasn't "love at first sight", but neither was the look of the iPhone 5.

But two weeks into having an iPhone 5, the smaller iPhones started to look weird and dated to me.

Same thing with iOS 7 for me. Didn't care for the look at first, but having used it daily since Beta 1, now anytime I see iOS 6, the look of iOS 6 is <blah>.

16. Tar Sniffer macrumors 6502

I got to view iOS 7 this evening for the first time, and I have to say that it looks much better in person, but I'm still not sold. The translucent effect looks gorgeous in Control Centre and Notification Centre, but seeing content like in the image above, with splotches in the background is very distracting, especially when the text is light grey.

The stock apps are also very sterile. Emphasising the colour of each app, like in the links below would have been a great way to keep iOS's warmth and character while doing away with skeuomorphism.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1590820

http://www.macobserver.com/imgs/tmo_articles/20130524ios7mockup.jpg

17. medi.freak macrumors regular

lol, someone is getting all defensive about his precious toy :rolleyes:

18. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Maybe you should go back and look at the little face, winking at you, at the end of my post, telling you that I am kidding! :p

But thanks for your little lecture! You are right I have never owned a white iPhone, I have owned THREE![COLOR="#808080"]

----------

[/COLOR]
    Thanks Stuart. Please note that I was winking;);););););)

which means I was kidding but people are so INTENSE HERE that . . . . . :rolleyes:

----------

Thanks Sir,

Seems my humor just flew over the other's heads!;)

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Hardly defensive. When people deliberately spew baseless information, I'm going to correct them. Just as I expect to be corrected when I am wrong. I am never defensive about my buying choices. I guess it comes with age and the ability to just be confident in myself.

I look at emoticons just as I look at people who use "lol" in excess. You can tell me to **** off and it carries just as much weight with or without a stupid smiley. I guess if you were funny it would have made more sense. ;)