Just noticed Guild Wars 2 has a Mac client. Is it noob friendly?

TJ82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Used to love the original Guild Wars, but never tried GW2, just didn't appeal to me as it dropped the things which made me love GW. Also I stopped playing games for years so, either way, never tried it.

The game has been out for a while now, so as you'd expect from an MMO, it will have reached a high level of maturity, (content, depth, player skill level and experience etc).

Is it noob friendly, or have any new player incentives to springboard you forward at all? I'd be playing super casual, few hours at weekends, but would like to make some progress. Hand outs would be appreciated!

padams35

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2016
The main PvE story is very noob friendly and rewards exploring at your own pace. When you buy the game you also gain a 1x "Instantly jump current character to max level" item if you want to skip forward to the expansion content.

• Love
Reactions: TJ82

TJ82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
The main PvE story is very noob friendly and rewards exploring at your own pace. When you buy the game you also gain a 1x "Instantly jump current character to max level" item if you want to skip forward to the expansion content.
Even with your first character? You can just buy the game and use the item to hit level 80?