Just noticed how yellow the camera is.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bob616, Jul 2, 2010.

1. bob616 macrumors 6502

I had screen problems with my first iPhone 4 (the screen would flicker), my replacement phone fixed the screen problem but now this phone has a very yellow tinted camera.
    does anyone else have this problem?

2. swburks macrumors member

I had it only when using the flash in low light. My flash was not set in place properly. Replaced, on my third and finally all good. Check your flash to see if u can see a black ring around the yellow or looks like some depth is to it.

3. lcdbot27 macrumors member

If you are shooting indoors with fluorescent lighting and getting very yellow pictures, it is a hardware issue with the white balance on the camera. Hate to say it, but you will probably need to get it replaced again. My phone had it and I was able to swap it with a working one.

4. bob616 thread starter macrumors 6502

mine has a yellow tint without the flash on. It is significantly more yellow with the flash however.

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I have *Heard* That this only occurs when in certain kinds of lighting. Im not sure whether it affects all users or just some.

6. bob616 thread starter macrumors 6502

the yellow tint was not on my original iphone 4. *sigh* this will be my second iphone replacement... what is wrong with apple?
    i had problems with my 3GS too, vibration wasn't working and stuff.

7. lcdbot27 macrumors member

8. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

9. bob616 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah well i'm thinking i'll wait it out and see if a firmware update will fix it. If the next update does not then i'll go to the apple store and hopefully they have the reception issue sorted out by then too.