Just noticed some backlight bleeding on my MBP 13 2016 (Touchbar)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by graffixnyc, Nov 27, 2016.

1. graffixnyc macrumors regular

graffixnyc

I have read about other problems people have had with their units and thankfully I haven't noticed anything until today. I noticed I have some backlight bleeding in the bottom corners and the top right corner. I'm not really sure what to do. If I should return it and then repurchase or if I should bring it in to them to look at. In pics it has more of a pinkish look but in person it's a white light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PaulWog Suspended

Best recommendation I have: Take it into an Apple Store and compare with a display model. See if yours is noticeably worse.

Every screen has its quirks. My Dad just got a Samsung 9500-series 65-inch TV. Cost $3700 Canadian, on a recent sale near Black Friday. It has lots of backlight bleeding, but the picture is still amazing. The 13-inch MBP I'm on has darkening just at the very right of the screen, as the screen meets the bezel, the whole way down (very slight). My old 11-inch Macbook Air (2011) had backlight bleeding or darkening (I forget which) at the bottom of the screen horizontally near the bezel. My iPad 3 (and many iPad 3's) had weird backlight pixel clusters that were only noticeable when the thing was black.

Unless if a screen is OLED or Plasma, backlight seems to be an issue.

With that all said, don't put up with defects if you find yours is functioning worse than average.

3. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

Unfortunately, backlight bleed can only be checked in a dark environment. No way you'll see it in an Apple Store.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

When you're watching a movie you will never notice.

5. graffixnyc thread starter macrumors regular

graffixnyc

Is it normal though for MBPs to have a bit of backlight bleed? It's my first Mac so I'm not sure if having a bit of bleed is normal/acceptable with them or not. I know every one of my dells has had some to a certain extent or another. My XPS 13 has it a lot worse than my MBP but then again cost about half of what my MBP cost.

6. noelsch macrumors member

noelsch

7. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

You've got three out of 4 hot corners, may want to try an exchange

as far as I can tell on my nTB, none of that

my 12" has a hot corner in top right, but I was/am totally OK with it.

3 is a bit intense

8. graffixnyc thread starter macrumors regular

graffixnyc

I'm actually returning it this week to get the 15