Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
So I jb last night on 4.3.1 and installed tetherme and enabled native tehtering. However today I screwed up a few files and restored. I just finished resyncing and restored from backup. The phone is not yet re-jailbroken, but Personal Hotspot is still enabled in Settings! Sure enough I went into it and turned it on, and it worked, no jb.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
So I jb last night on 4.3.1 and installed tetherme and enabled native tehtering. However today I screwed up a few files and restored. I just finished resyncing and restored from backup. The phone is not yet re-jailbroken, but Personal Hotspot is still enabled in Settings! Sure enough I went into it and turned it on, and it worked, no jb.

No joke, twas coming here to start this thread!

bt1988

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2007
I was on 4.2.x and today updated to 4.3.1 and personal hotspot was still enabled for me too. I clicked to turn it on, just to see and it did come on, but when I did it the second time, my phone closed the settings and when I went back, it was removed and said I needed to have tethering set up. :(

galanoth

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2008
When upgrading to 4.3.1, I thought personal hotspot was already in the settings without having to enable it through tetherme.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
When upgrading to 4.3.1, I thought personal hotspot was already in the settings without having to enable it through tetherme.

I upgraded to 4.3.1 and personal hotspot were there in the settings. I enabled it and nothing happened, when I went back into settings hotspot was gone. Well at least until I re-jailbroke and installed tetherme :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.