Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Missouri
Hi! In the midnight preordering haste, I didn't add AC+ to my purchase. Last year, they sent me a letter to add it, but I never got that this time.

My iphone is currently scheduled to be delivered today. Is there a number that isn't 4hrs of waiting today to just have them add it? I'd rather not have to schedule a Genius Bar appointment this weekend, or chance something happening right when I get it.

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
You have 60 days from your purchase date so maybe just give them a call next week when things calm down a bit?

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
I'm pretty sure you have a month or two after purchase to get it. No stress.

Edit:

You have 60 days from your purchase date so maybe just give them a call next week when things calm down a bit?

Beat me to it. :)

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
You need to have genius appt is what they told me. I even called after i ordered for the 4s and the guy said the only way is if youre 100 miles away from an apple store based on your listed address.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
You can also call to get it.

They will run a remote diagnostic on the phone to make sure it's all working and then voila, they'll take your money for your AppleCare.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I called Apple the day after ordering and they said they'd add it by phone without having to bring it in if I called right away once it's shipped. Going to try when the phone line opens.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
You can also call to get it.

They will run a remote diagnostic on the phone to make sure it's all working and then voila, they'll take your money for your AppleCare.

I called AppleCare to try to get it added a few days ago so I wouldn't have to be on hold forever today. She said the same thing about needing to have the phone in your possession and activated to send information to the phone and back to them before you can buy AppleCare at this point. The lady told me that every available AppleCare person has been told to come in to work today. They expect us to be calling. Hopefully we won't be on the phone too long. Gotta get AppleCare + with that big screen on the 6 Plus.

Psypher

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Do you need a Genius Bar appointment to add AppleCare+ to a phone if you go in-store?

krizko

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone have the proper number to call to get this done? Thanks.

EDIT - Pretty sure I got it, for anyone else it's: 1-800-275-2273

Last edited:

iOz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Anyone have the proper number to call to get this done? Thanks.

EDIT - Pretty sure I got it, for anyone else it's: 1-800-275-2273

Usually comes preloaded in the contacts. Aka 1 800 APLCARE

April Knight

Suspended
Jul 24, 2011
Olympia, WA
How do you get to that chat option?
https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.do

Service Requests & Troubleshooting > The topic is not listed > Type your issue out, something like "Purchase AppleCare+" > Put your phone number in so we can send the diagnostic test to you > Continue after you send the diagnostic test and we receive it.

Then, it will list your options for reaching us. Choose "Chat."

NOTE: You may also be asked about your serial number at some point. If so, of course, put that in.

theanimala

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2007

Service Requests & Troubleshooting > The topic is not listed > Type your issue out, something like "Purchase AppleCare+" > Put your phone number in so we can send the diagnostic test to you > Continue after you send the diagnostic test and we receive it.

NOTE: You may also be asked about your serial number at some point. If so, of course, put that in.

April Night, you rule. I was all set to go to the apple store tomorrow and deal with a thousand people so I could add support. Just did your online process and it worked flawlessly. AppleCare+ is on my phone without ever leaving my house. Excellent!

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011

April's way is the fastest.

I called 800-My-Apple When I received my phone
Told the Mechanical Voice I wanted to Purchase Apple Care for an iPhone 6
Was Transferred to support.
Told a live call receipt agent the same thing.

She asked for the IMEI number of the phone.

She Asked If I had the phone and for its number.

She sent me a text message and asked that I click on the link

The link ran a Quick IOS Diagnostic which displayed the result on her screen showing all was well

Credit card number for payment and & email saying it was added was sent.

Painless compared to ordering the phone & no Genius Inspection. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.