Just Offered steve new ios 5 suggestions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cameron wingrov, Jun 23, 2011.

1. cameron wingrov macrumors newbie

I have just emailed steve jobs

here is what I said:
    Dear Mr Jobs,
    The other day I emailed you with outrage that was totally unacceptable and I now apologise for that.
    I Hope it is not too late to give you suggestions to be added to ios 5, however I thought these would be useful.
    To start off with I will suggest something that people have been talking about for a long time, the ability for ios users to print to any printer from their ios device. Now, the second thing was all my own idea that I don’t think anyone has mentioned, a built in app where users can make their own full book, any amount of pages, to print to ANY printer and also the ability to send to the cloud via icloud and also the ability to submit it directly to the ibooks store, which simplifies the process of having a book published and also becomes paperwork free. This could be extremely useful for authors as they are usually very busy, so while on the go they can update their book and when they are finished, it couldn’t be easier, just submit it to the ibooks store and you have your own book. I don’t know if you charge for people to submit their books, but if you do, i suggest you include an in-app purchase for it, so people can pay with their iTunes voucher. I also have another idea for ios 5, to compete the fast moving world, you need to be connected more to people with Facebook integration, and not just how you demoed twitter integration, I mean full integration, so you type something and you have a choice of sending it to Facebook via message, status update, wall post, friend request etc. My 4th idea for ios 5 is that the home screen should look a lot better, because to be honest the only thing on the home screen that has changed since the iPhone was launched 4 years ago is retina display, apart from that is looks the exact same as the home screen in the first iPhone, maybe added a couple of new built in apps but the look of the apps just look boring now, I think it should have live updates, mainly on popular and social apps like Facebook and twitter allowing you read your newsfeed and chat to people without going into the app. Finally this is nothing to do with the ios but with the next generation ipad (ipad 3), I know you do not like to give members of the public access to any of the information on your upcoming devices which i her the net ipad will be out in september alongside the ipods and the iphone 5. I think the ipad 3 should have a usb port for connecting to another device that has pictures or videos on them and also an sd card slot to put your sd card from your camera into it without the need of an adapter will make things easier. I also suggest wireless charging for ios5.
    I hope you will take these suggestions into account and hopefully use a couple of them to put into ios 5.

Best Regards,
    Cameron Harris

P.s. – please get back to me ASAP as I would like to know if you do add it to ios 5. Don’t worry I wont charge you for the ideas, I just like giving suggestions, you can take them, Honestly I really do not mind at all, as I am not a developer I will not be able to develop these apps to do this, but I am sure you will be able to hire some developers to do this for you.

Please can any of you tell me if any of these are good ideas please

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Few flaws in your requests but hey he will have a laugh

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. rovex macrumors 65816

Probably will ignore it.

Oh yeah, and this part makes you look desperate:

5. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is that the exact formatting? Two words: bullet points.

7. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This is where you went wrong.

Also where I stopped reading.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

9. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Should've put a pilcrow in there to confuse him.

I think I just confused you though...

PS. Do we get charged for the priviledge of reading this?

I want a refund.

10. JLatte macrumors 6502

Oh man...

I'm sure Steve will get right onto halting production of any new iPads to make sure they throw your usb port in there. He would be a fool not to do it, especially since you're not going to charge him for the idea and all :rolleyes:

11. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

Lol give the kid a break

Now op I'm not reading all that; steve won't read that.

Can I suggest that u make a bullet list of demands?

12. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Good chutzpah there. I'll give you that.

But Apple as a rule doesn't acknowledge unsolicited advice and ideas.

Besides, what you have suggested has already been considered and reconsidered at Apple well before you even had these ideas.

13. Rowf macrumors regular

Lol, ye of little faith.

Just a tip, if you are going to send a long email or letter, write it out with everything you need to say, save it to drafts, leave it for a couple of days and then read it again.
    Cut out the woffle and make sure it's saying only what you want to say, check it for spelling errors (woffle? I'm not sure;)) get it in the correct format, check it again and then send.

Oh, and P.S, don't use p.s, everything you need to say should be there, no after thoughts.

14. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

It would have been easier to read if you had used paragraphs. It all kinda blends together otherwise. Let us know if you get a response though.

15. atMac macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Paragraphs and bullet points are your friend.

16. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

How do you expect a feature requiring significant new hardware (wireless charging) to be implemented with a software release?

17. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Can you post the outrageous email, too? I'd like to read that one.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

iOS 5 will auto format user screed.

19. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Who in the world would want to type a >300 book entirely on a touch screen?
    Also, you're eliminating a reason for someone to buy a mac.

You want facebook chat to be integrated with iMessage? That gives people less incentive to use to use iMessage, and therefor purchase iOS devices.

I don't understand the second part at all though.When would the FaceBook app not suffice for wallposts and friend requests? And status updates? They're not incorporated in to iOS5 for twitter (without an image, photo, video etc).

Not even going to mention sentence structure.
    You really think Apple hasn't considered widgets until you send them an email?! They've decided that they don't want widgets, no amount of pleading will help.

Apple will have considered this, and they know of the benefits. Why bother asking?

As previously mentioned, that would require new hardware. It's like asking for iOS 5 to include the A5 chip for iPhone 4.

Are you kidding?! He's the CEO of one of the largest technology companies in the world. Asking him to get back to you ASAP just sounds arrogant.

I think I just got troll'd.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

We're entering the post PC era, don'tcha know? Either get with the times or get left behind :p

21. AdrianK macrumors 68020

How could I possibly forget! :p

Just thought, you can always pair a BT keyboard with iOS, so I guess that somewhat invalidates my point.

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you're writing a book, do you want to be using a nice 27" monitor or a tiny 10" touch screen display? :p

23. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

All in favor? *raises hand* :D

24. Ach111es macrumors regular

PS doesn't work in email. Or any electronic media for that matter.

Ps is for handwritten notes because you legitimately forgot something.

Some good ideas though.

25. fuzwuzrea macrumors newbie

iOS 5 ideas needed

I would add being able to use txt to speech reader in any APP, especially books!

----------

Actually, enabling us to post to FB from any creative app or browser would be good; I don't use twitter unless I need too, as if anyone would need to, like a friend is only on twitter. I guess twitter is a business Facebook, facebook for special people like ELETISTs & business CEOs & movie & rockstars & Apple people. I find FB easier to use as most do.