Just one more year...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by U88, Aug 28, 2010.

1. U88 macrumors member

And I'm gonna get a MBP! Enough with this HP notebook, all I have had with it is problems. The NVidia card overheats and tech support takes forever. I have called 4 times to finally get someone to send an email regarding updating my warranty status of 2 years when their database only shows 1 (I got a paper insert saying it comes with an extended warranty). It will only be a matter of time before I send this in to get repaired, and have to work with it for one more year. Until my warranty of 2 years is up, I am going to use this as a dummy machine and move to Apple. All over these forums I've heard (mostly) good things about MBPs, as well as my classmates on campus.

Tell me I'm making a good choice to spend over $1500 on another notebook within 2 years. I'm a college student... money doesn't come so easy for me! I have been working nonstop this summer to get money. I need reassurance!

2. tonywang.xmpt macrumors member

Once you move to a Mac,
    you'll never want to go back. :]

3. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

Yes, they are good machines. There are only a few models and update about once a year compared to PC that has a new one every couple weeks.

The best thing to do is try them out and see what you think. People say they are confusing but once you understand things..they will make a lot more sense than a lot of the stuff that is standard on Windows machines. Keep in mind, if you grew up on Mac and tried to use Windows for the first time things wouldn't make sense either.

The price point seems a main reason people don't go with Mac but find a comparable Windows notebook and it will be in the same price range. In my opinion a beautiful design, fast and feature filled machine that doesn't crash daily or give me other problems is worth spending a little more money on.

Being that this is a Mac forum you will only get praise about the machines but for good reason. Apple makes good hardware; they offer good returns to their shareholders by making things that people will continue to not only need but want.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

pretty true

6. U88 thread starter macrumors member

Just need to start backing up my data for the tech support...

On a side note, how many of you protect your MBPs with some sort of case or shell?

7. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

BTW don'T get down if people here post problems. Keep in mind: that's what forums are for. Vast, vast majority of mac users never has an issue with their Macs.

8. U88 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I figured. Nonetheless this is a good place to learn what to do and what not to do.

9. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

i have a mac mini late 09 model that i love i am hoping when when my week of paid vacation comes up in october i will go to the apple store to check one out and i hope to walk out with a new macbook pro 13 in glad i can use my time machine backup to basicly have my mini on my macbook as i will have both working when i get it i hope digitizing my dvd's for my mini to play on my 42inch hd tv

10. U88 thread starter macrumors member

So you're basically getting an upgrade after almost a year? Not bad, almost the same situation as me. Hope your plans work out!

11. JackHobbs macrumors regular

JackHobbs

I switched December 2009. I am a very happy bunny. The mac experience is more seamless, more sensible and just way more fun. It takes a while to relearn how to do somethings but is worth the effort. Keep reading these forums to help you get used to the mac way. I can't see me going back!:)

12. U88 thread starter macrumors member

I just made my 6th call to HP, and the rep said they were going to update the warranty by Friday.

I don't want this HP anymore... has anyone ever had problems with a notebook after just 1 year?

I really want to get a Mac now, but I have to wait until at least next summer because that's when I'll feel comfortable enough to feel okay spending another load of money.

13. tiwizard macrumors regular

Not a laptop, but a desktop. Defective motherboard (it was recalled) 5 times in a row until it was out of the warranty period :eek:

14. U88 thread starter macrumors member

You couldn't just get refunded?!?!?

I would kill for a refund on this piece of crap so I can buy a Mac instead...