Just opened my new 15 inch rmbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fthree, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Fthree macrumors 6502a

Its not turning on right out of the box? Had to plug it in and charge it to get it to turn on?

Redflag?

2. stevemiller macrumors 65832

Mine had a couple hour charge on it, but it was delivered directly from the factory. If you bought it in store it may well have been sitting in inventory for a couple weeks and trickled charge out. See how it fares after a charge or two.

3. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

Do they not recommend giving it a full charge before you use it like they do with iPhones and iPads?

Barney

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

Just opened my new 15 inch rmbp

They do but majority of devices turn on straight out of the box. In the OP's case, I think this unit's just been sitting in shelves. Did you purchase from a third party? I wouldn't worry too much about it since it's new and comes with warranty.

5. Fthree thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got it started up (bought it from best buy)

I transferred info from my 13 inch macbook to the new one and I'm trying to get the 13 inch out of target disk mode. Can't do it please help!

6. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

All you should need to do is hold down the power button until it turns off. Then when you next start it up, it'll start up as normal.

7. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Sometimes if it gets shipped in the cold the battery will drain. I don't think it's a problem. You have 14 days so just make sure all the ports are working, the battery is lasting for about 8-9 hours, it isn't crashing, etc.

If it passes all that and doesn't freeze up or anything you're set.