Just order canadian iphone 4 online with US debit card

tianh2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I just ordered my iphone 4 at canadian online apple store. I used my US debit card to pay for it. The total is $740.57 (after tax, currency convert charge). For the shipping and billing address, you need to use canadian address. So I use my friend address in Canada for both shipping and billing address even though I have a US debit card. It went through. The shipping date is August 20th and should be delivered by August 27th.

Just want to let everybody know

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
I just ordered my iphone 4 at canadian online apple store. I used my US debit card to pay for it. The total is $740.57 (after tax, currency convert charge). For the shipping and billing address, you need to use canadian address. So I use my friend address in Canada for both shipping and billing address even though I have a US debit card. It went through. The shipping date is August 20th and should be delivered by August 27th.

Just want to let everybody know
nice...now you wait for your friend to get it and then wait again for your friend to ship it

tianh2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Actually, I'm going to Canada on Labor Day (which is Sept 6). So the phone arrive on August 27th. Pick it up on Sept 6. Perfect.

The total price kinda steep for me. But it has tremendous resale value on Ebay

Qmac

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
I also ordered one from the Canadian online store and it will be shipped to my cousin there. They will ship it to me to the US. Any ideas on what the import duties might be?