Just orderd my MBP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wingnut8, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

    wingnut8

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #1
    Just incase anyone is interested...

    Specifications

    2.4GHz
    2GB
    250GB
    17-inch High-Resolution Glossy Widescreen Display

    I can't wait to get it!
     
  2. cmaier macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2007
    Location:
    California
    #2
    Me too! (My first mac since 1996, and i turned that one on only once).

    2.6GHz
    2GB ram (I already have 4GB replacement ready to go)
    250GB
    17-inch hi-res glossy
     
  3. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2007
    #3
    I'm so jealous of you two with the bigger hard-drives:(
     
  4. steve77uk macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #4
    This is the spec that I would be going for, a 17", I would be VERY interested in your thoughts when it arrives, if you could be so kind...

    What made you go for the 17" over the 15"? It is a conundrum that I am facing...!
     
  5. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

    Jiddick ExRex

    Joined:
    May 14, 2006
    Location:
    Roskilde, DK
    #5
    Weeee, I also ordered a MBP, 15" 2.2 base config.

    I will get it on my birthday the 7th :D

    X'es fingers for no piss-yellow display ^_^
     
  6. caseys macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #6
    Can any of you tell me how long your delivery date for these are?

    I just ordered :

    MBP 17 2.4Ghz
    2Gb
    250Gb 5400
    Hi-res Matt display

    And I'm getting a shipping date of 23rd November! Delivery by 3rd December.

    Jeez I know that custom configs push the shipping date out a bit, but really that much?
     
  7. dogtanian macrumors 6502

    dogtanian

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2007
    Location:
    Bournemouth, UK
    #7
    I've been busy sorting mine out as it was delivered the other day.

    Stock 2.4 and added a 250GB hard drive yesterday (Scary!).

    I really wouldn't worry a great deal about the yellow display unless you're really quite anal about that sorta thing. (I would say that as I haven't seen it on mine but I stand by the fact that its not that much of an issue!)
     
  8. Wolf Am I macrumors newbie

    Wolf Am I

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2007
    Location:
    Hampshire, England
    #8
    Yeh, I just purchased mine just before the upgrade... but except maybe the bigger hard-drive I wouldn't have done anything differently.

    MacBook Pro
    2.2 GHz
    160GB 7200rpm Hard-drive
    2GB Memory

    Come February I'll be upgrading the memory to 4GB.

    @Ilovemygeek
    There's nothing to stop you from upgrading the hard drive... except for me, money and I might not even need more space (although that never is the case for long). You just have to unscrew 21 screws, take of a cable that has some adhesive on it, pop out the hard drive and put the new one in its place. Well, there's one or so more steps in there... but it is actually quite easy to do.
     
  9. cmaier macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2007
    Location:
    California
    #9
    mine just says "Estimated shipping: 2-3 weeks"
     
  10. wingnut8 thread starter macrumors 65816

    wingnut8

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #10
    I decided to get the 17'' for editing on FCE.
     
  11. wingnut8 thread starter macrumors 65816

    wingnut8

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #11
    Mine doesn't have a date yet, it just says ships in 2-3 weeks.
     
  12. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2007
  13. Xexr macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2007
    #13
    Oooh, yea I thought it voided applecare? Its the reason I got a cto one from apple, it was far cheaper to do it yourself.

    If it doesnt void, reckon I'll do the same as you guys 4GB ram and wait till theres a 250GB 7200rpm drive, lovely.

    If it all works out, I will caddy my 160GB, and pound for pound I won't be to far off what I would have got with the update :)
     
  14. darfel macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Location:
    NorCal
    #14
    I'm curious why no one is waiting for the new MBP that will be announced in January?
     
  15. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2007
    #15
    B/c my Mac Mini won't run Leopord and I have a lot of business trips that I need entertaining on. Besides, I don't want to wait for the first generation to work out kinks. I just can't wait another 6 months for a MBP.
     
  16. twitter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    #16
    i will wait and i hope the waiting will pay itself
     
  17. schreck macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2007
    Location:
    New England
    #17
    I'm definitely waiting right now. These next two months are going to be rough, but I don't need the computer at the moment (I have a 2,16 MacBook, 2gb), so I figure I'll wait.
     
  18. ceasetoexist macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #18
    i am waiting, it's gonna be really rough. i hope
     
  19. darfel macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Location:
    NorCal
    #19

    I have a 2.16 Macbook 1GB upgraded to OSX 10.5, but I co-worker is ready to buy it. I want the quad-core MBP, everything else seems to be a stepping stone up to that point. I'm gong to sell my Macbook and buy a 15.4" 256 NVidia MBP, waiting until this time next year for the quad MBP then upgrade again.

    The 13.3" display is challenging when working on photography.
     
  20. caseys macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    #20
    *** Shipping! ***

    Whooo

    Bought an iPhone last night on the UK launch. Woke up this morning and logged onto online store to check my order and my new MBP/17/2.4/250 is now shipping :)
     
  21. jameskohn macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2006
    Location:
    Connecticut
    #22
    Ordered 2.6 MBP Nov. 1

    I went ahead and ordered my new MBP (2.6ghz, 200Gb, 15") on 11/1. I need the machine to edit AVCHD video. This can't be done on my 12" G4 PowerBook, although I do it on my MacPro (2x3ghz) at home. I would have waited until January, as I do love having the newest stuff. There is no guarantee of anything "significant" happening in January, and I just have a feeling the "big" MBP update doesn't happen until June or thereabout. Of course no guarantee of that either.

    Worst case scenario, I enjoy a great new machine sooner rather than later. If something comes out that I "must have", I sell this one on ebay and get the new one. I take a (relatively) small hit, so it would have to be worth it. I feel pretty strongly that when the change is really significant, I want to wait a bit while they get some of the bugs out. I'm guessing I have this new MBP for about a year before I'm compelled to buy a new one.
     
  22. cmaier macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2007
    Location:
    California
    #23
    because other than some speed bumps, nothing much will change.
     
  23. Ryox macrumors 6502a

    Ryox

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #25
    sweet machines ;)
     

Share This Page