Just Ordered 17" Uni

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by owen29051992, Mar 1, 2009.

1. owen29051992 macrumors newbie

ok so i know this should probably go in the delivery dates thread but im so excited and also in a rush!

this will be my first ever mac, completely stock config.

i just ordered from the UK education store using my sisters student discount and realised that i used my email address as confirmation instead of her .ac.uk one, so i thought, and still am thinking im in a bit of a pickle...

so i ordered 1 hour ago..

AND THE STATUS SAYS PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT???

WHAT??

is this right??

it says delivery expected 12-13 march...whats going on?!

they didnt ask for any proof or anything i just logged on to my sisters uni account through her uni network!!

AHHH IM SO EXCITED IF THATS RIGHT!!! its not even a business day so WTF!

anyways WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and also is it possible for them to take back the "prepared for shipment"? what if they cancel?!

im ahhing and woohing at the same time here haha!!

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

All you had to do was log on through her Uni network, thats enough proof for Apple. Its going to be shipped tommorow, and provided you didn't order any accessories or extras with it such as Bags, Adaptors, Software or Applecare etc you should have it by Friday :) Well Done! :)

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

congrats... I used my uni discount too! I know how excited you are.

5. clcwong macrumors newbie

I am using uk edu discount...but my MBP 17" is still WAITING to change the state to prepared for shipping.
    need 1-2 more days...
    I ordered it at mid of Jan...>o<

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Somethings wrong there... Unless you ordered it with every software preinstalled, SSD and Matte screens.

7. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Wow, congrats OP. Not heard of many people going 'with the kill' and purchasing a high end model of the Macbook :D

Happy days :D - enjoy ;)

8. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Sounds like Apple are filling up with stock models now and they're flying out, from accounts from various members on here - which is great :D

9. Mcmac17 macrumors member

Good on you, Owen. I ordered on 11th Feb with Education discount too. The guy on the phone said he'd need proof (I wasn't using an .ac email) and I offered to scan & email my contract or payslip. When it came down to it he never bothered to send me the link to do this. I guess a £1700k sale is what matters to them the most ;)

I sweated if for a bit but the status changed to shipped on Feb 25th so I'm hoping it'll turn up this week. I'm so excited to be getting a mac - finally! It's perhaps a bit foolish jumping straight into a MBP - but hey, you might as well do it with style eh?

10. owen29051992 thread starter macrumors newbie

ha yeh i was a bit worried at first but my status changed to shipped today! absolutly crazy, i guess that the stock models must be shipping quickly. what is even crazier is that i just checked the shipment tracking and it says delivery expected on the 4th March? if yours was shipped on the 25th Feb and you still haven't recieved it, i highly doubt mine will arrive just 3 days after ordering...seems unlikely, but if it happens...I WILL BE VERY HAPPY!!

k i just checked UPS online: this is what it says

Package Progress
    Location Date Local Time Description
    TAMWORTH,
    GB 03/02/2009 7:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    GB 03/02/2009 12:06 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

(sorry i dont know how to take a screenshot) but where the heck is Tamworth?! it says GB, how come there is no mention of Shangai like everyone elses?! is my machine already in the UK? wow you have no idea how much of a child i feel like at christmas now!

it also says at the top of the page "Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 03/04/2009. "

11. Sir Plus macrumors newbie

Nope. Happened to me too. I ordered mine on 13 January. Just shipped today. Only HDD upgrade.

12. clcwong macrumors newbie

Tamworth....google map can show you...
    you sure will get it by tmr!~

I am waiting my status to change...
    my config is 2.93, HDD 320GB/7200, anti-glare...and a bunch of accessories...so I think this take time to pack all together>.<

13. jjfcpa macrumors member

Don't be so sure. My order sound very similar to yours and I ordered on February 24th and it shipped today. Delivery expected on Thursday.

14. James812 macrumors member

Owen I am in the exact same shoes as you. I ordered my first mac the same day you did and decided to get the big boy, a 17 inch MBP also. Mine is shipping tonight a day after yours is shipping I think since i got the 7200rpm hard drive.

Hopefully mine comes on the 5th!

15. alphakilo macrumors newbie

What kind of an education discount are you people getting?

16. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Depends, but the HE Discount store is the best place to get one. Even beats my Apple EPP Store access.

It helps if you know someone at University, as you can only access the HE store through their network. Can save you anywhere from £300 to £400+. Luckily, I have a few friends going through Uni, as does my younger sibling :D

17. owen29051992 thread starter macrumors newbie

WELL WELL WELL....mine has just ARRIVED!!! this is the quickest service i have ever had i swear which is wierd considering those hundreds who still have not recieved theres...

so this whole transaction took JUST 2 DAYS. absolutly insane, shame im not getting home until tomorow, luckily my painter was there to sign for it! he better not steal it :mad: haha

and yes to whoever ask i used the Higher Education discount which you get when you log on through a university network (my sister goes to Uni)