Just ordered 256GB ipad pro 9.7 wifi model

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Oct 1, 2016.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

my this is OCD but i have ordered the iphone 7 plus matte black in 256GB from CPW so my mind is telling me i need to do the same with my ipad so ordered the 256GB ipad pro 9.7.

Not just for OCD reasons but i currently have the ipad pro 12.9 128GB but i have noticed i only have 21GB left on my 12.9 so maybe the more storage is needed on the smaller pro.

I love my 12.9 but have found the need for the 9.7 verison when reading in bed or using on the go or even just checking stuff when i get up. Maybe having two ipads isn't needed but couldn't help myself. do like the true tone display feature it must be said.

2. ericwn macrumors 65816

That's fine. It gets ridiculous when you have an iPad and an iPhone already, of course, since all these tasks an iPhone could have done. But not everybody has one, and then a second other iOS device might be helpful.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

All set up and very happy with it

So much more manageable than the 12.9 which I've decided to sell

Luckily the 12.9 keyboard still works on 9.7 so least that wasn't a lost cause in terms of money

4. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 68000

Cutiekitty92

I just got my 128GB today and love it! Just the perfect size for what I want it for and bridges that gap as I dont have the plus anymore

5. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

Although I have the 7 Plus I also have the iPad Pro 9.7".

As I rarely watch TV "live" these days it's more comfortable (for me) to view on demand using a larger display.

6. kevin_tron_taco macrumors member

kevin_tron_taco

I originally picked up the larger pro a few weeks ago but returned it for the smaller version. As much as I liked the larger, it was a little unwieldy at times and the 9.7 truly meets all my needs.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You enjoy the internet on a tiny phone screen? I find that two 9.7 Pros with my 7+ works best for me.

It is good we all have choice.

8. ericwn macrumors 65816

I don't have a tiny phone screen on my 6+. For a bit of reading, it does the job perfectly.

9. Newtons Apple, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016

Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

And it is great that we all have choice, but to say it is ridiculous for one to have both is . . . ridiculously short sited. I do not consider my 7+ a good device for doing the Internet when I can have a large screen with bigger keyboard.

10. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Personally still too small for me. The 6+ did not eliminate or even reduce my iPad usage while being far more unwieldy when I've got my hands full and need to answer a call or write a quick text.

11. ericwn, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016

ericwn macrumors 65816

Sorry, I cannot create a use case where a second iPad makes any sense to me. Your mileage might differ. Maybe some just like to spend money on less needed toys, but don't waste your time justifying it. Life is short. Enjoy your luxury items! To me, for reading in bed, a big phone or any iPad do the job.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Like I said we all have choice. Just do not believe in judging others.

13. Wackery macrumors 6502a

for me,

iphone = on the go
    at home = ipad

14. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I have been torn between getting an 9.7 Air myself or just waiting. Before I found no real use for an iPad but since starting my YouTube channel and I'm always browsing and researching and things like that, I feel the iPad will be a good median between my 7+ and MacBook Air.....haven't been torn on a purchase like this in awhile.

15. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Meanwhile, my personal usage is around 80-85% iPad (built-in LTE is a huge factor for that), 10-15% iPhone and 5-10% desktop/laptop. Looking forward to getting a 12.9 iPad Pro for comic reading. :)

16. weckart macrumors 68040

CPW? Why? Their iPhones lock to the network of the first sim detected. Better off ordering from Apple, Giffgaff, Three or John Lewis. Their iPhones are unlocked and stay unlocked.

17. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

It's 2016

All phones are truly sim free now. You don't need to unlock phones. Also when selling phones on comparison websites the price is the same wether it's locked or not

18. weckart macrumors 68040

Not true of CPW and iPhones. Their iPhones lock on activation. Their Android/Windows phones are sim-free. Same with Argos.