Just ordered 27" iMac, questions about mounting

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mademan118, Feb 2, 2014.

1. mademan118 macrumors regular

Well I just put in my order for my 27" iMac and I am stoked. got the i7/1tb fusion/4gb vram and will be plugging in 2 dell 27" monitors.

How hard is it to install the VESA mount? They offer an iMac arm that comes with the VESA adapter, but I can't seem to find a general consensus on the installation. Does anyone have any pictures of their iMac standing vertically? Just curious to see how that would look.

Anyways, I am stoked! I had to go through 3 machines to finally find the one that will easily do what I need it to do (2 13" rMBP, and base 15" rMBP). Where is a good place to find wallpaper and order ram? Crucial has 16gb's for $170.

2. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

Just standard mounting in this thread, but maybe there's some info in there that might be helpful:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1566263

--rob

3. Bear macrumors G3

From what I recall you have to order the current iMacs with the VESA option in order to be able to use a VESA mount on it.

If you're going for the iMac+2 addition screens, you're probably better off not bothering with VESA mounts anyway.

4. CH12671 macrumors 6502

Do you mean in "portrait" mode? I don't know if that's a good idea, especially for extended periods of time. I'm not sure about the newer iMac's, but my mid 2011 has the openings for heat on the top, back of the case. If you rotated this 90 degrees, it may well preclude heat escaping at an efficient rate.

I'm not saying people don't do it, but just think about it before you do that.

If that's not what you are talking about, then my apologies...:)

5. mademan118 thread starter macrumors regular

you were correct. Thanks for the info! I will probably just keep the monitor facing horizontally (the way it comes from factory) and throw my 2 27" external monitors onto free standing arms to move around and flip as I need.

Thanks for all the input! I appreciate it!